Burning The Heather Remix

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
james23_uk
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 3:19 am
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#16 Post by james23_uk » Mon 25 Nov 2019, 7:28 pm

vincenzosz wrote:
Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:13 am
Awesome!
Thanks for sharing.

I prefer this actually. I’d download it if I could.
https://www.mp3hub.com/yt-mp3

User avatar
TeCHno PoP
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon 26 Jun 2006, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#17 Post by TeCHno PoP » Mon 25 Nov 2019, 8:39 pm

Much much better than the original!

User avatar
Gabby
Posts: 322
Joined: Sun 17 Jan 2016, 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#18 Post by Gabby » Tue 26 Nov 2019, 1:51 am

Nicely done! I've been trying to figure out what sets PSB ballads I like apart from ones i dont. I think it is that the ones I like have actually dont have typical ballad like sensitivities. Burning the Heather is rather standard in that regard so this remix takes it more to that less typical level.

Hard to explain.

User avatar
vincenzosz
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu 05 Mar 2009, 5:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#19 Post by vincenzosz » Tue 26 Nov 2019, 8:25 am

james23_uk wrote:
Mon 25 Nov 2019, 7:28 pm
vincenzosz wrote:
Mon 25 Nov 2019, 10:13 am
Awesome!
Thanks for sharing.

I prefer this actually. I’d download it if I could.
https://www.mp3hub.com/yt-mp3
Yeah, I meant like a high quality mp3. But this will do. Thanks!

Eleven
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun 27 Oct 2019, 3:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#20 Post by Eleven » Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:10 am

A lot better than those chopped vocals remixes that doesnt add a thing other than mixing an existing track of the remixer with bits and chips...that should be penalized

User avatar
nathanjay
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed 12 Jul 2006, 10:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#21 Post by nathanjay » Tue 26 Nov 2019, 4:56 pm

Eleven wrote:
Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:10 am
A lot better than those chopped vocals remixes that doesnt add a thing other than mixing an existing track of the remixer with bits and chips...that should be penalized
Totally agree. To prove a point, I did my own fake-trendy-DJ remix :lol: :D https://youtu.be/yri2jGsUuVs

User avatar
Pertan
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sat 11 Jun 2005, 8:23 am
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#22 Post by Pertan » Wed 27 Nov 2019, 1:37 pm

Very nice nathan!

leesmapman
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed 03 May 2006, 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#23 Post by leesmapman » Wed 27 Nov 2019, 3:54 pm

nathanjay wrote:
Tue 26 Nov 2019, 4:56 pm
Eleven wrote:
Tue 26 Nov 2019, 10:10 am
A lot better than those chopped vocals remixes that doesnt add a thing other than mixing an existing track of the remixer with bits and chips...that should be penalized
Totally agree. To prove a point, I did my own fake-trendy-DJ remix :lol: :D https://youtu.be/yri2jGsUuVs
Too much resemblence to the original. Needs more repeat of 1 or 2 sentences instead of playing all the lyrics.

User avatar
Spittingcat
Posts: 652
Joined: Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:11 am
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#24 Post by Spittingcat » Wed 27 Nov 2019, 5:55 pm

Ha ha! Very funny. I like it though.

User avatar
itsadog
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:07 am
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#25 Post by itsadog » Wed 27 Nov 2019, 11:25 pm

Another fantastic remix Nathan, you should definitely be unblocked on twitter!

Can you or anyone shed some light on how you extract Neils vocals in order to do a remix. I have tried it in the past with limited success (using Audacity and similar)! Or do you manage to get hold of acapella versions? Thnx.

User avatar
retrofuturist
Posts: 3182
Joined: Mon 08 May 2006, 12:31 am
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#26 Post by retrofuturist » Thu 28 Nov 2019, 12:52 am

Nice... reminds me of the Bilingual era.

User avatar
Sandy Shaw
Posts: 3854
Joined: Thu 29 Nov 2007, 9:36 am
Contact:

Re: Burning The Heather Remix

#27 Post by Sandy Shaw » Tue 03 Dec 2019, 1:02 am

nathanjay wrote:
Sun 24 Nov 2019, 10:03 pm
For my own listening pleasure, I had to remix the new song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYp6N_K_88Y
Any chance of making a mashup of "Say it to me" with "Send It" by ELO?
What's for supper?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], MSN [Bot] and 18 guests