New single - I don't wanna

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
regularjoe

Re: New single - I don't wanna

#151 Post by regularjoe »

Lyrically and timeline-wise this song is commercially safe for the days of Coronoavirus. Not so sure how Happy People would go down with the emotional landscape of today for a lot of people. I do hold out hope for HP as a 5th single.....four singles on this lp and two of them are the weakest songs on the album.

MD

#152 Post by MD »

leesmapman wrote:
Wed 11 Mar 2020, 11:35 pm
The Prins Thomas mix of Monkey Business is great. The best in years.
I couldn’t agree more, I love the Prins Thomas mix so much I’ve added it to Hotspot right after Monkey Business.
Monkey business is one of my favorite tracks on the album and the Prins Thomas mix just adds to it wonderfully.
"Not everyone is lucky enough to understand how delicious it is to suffer"

MD

#153 Post by MD »

regularjoe wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020, 10:52 pm
Lyrically and timeline-wise this song is commercially safe for the days of Coronoavirus. Not so sure how Happy People would go down with the emotional landscape of today for a lot of people. I do hold out hope for HP as a 5th single.....four singles on this lp and two of them are the weakest songs on the album.
I would argue three of the best songs on the album and Dreamland is a solid track as well.
"Not everyone is lucky enough to understand how delicious it is to suffer"

Nickname

#154 Post by Nickname »

MD wrote:
Sat 14 Mar 2020, 7:17 pm
regularjoe wrote:
I would argue three of the best songs on the album and Dreamland is a solid track as well.
For me, the best singles choices could have been:

- Dreamland
- Will-o-the wisp
- Monkey Business
- Only the dark
- Happy People

telys

#155 Post by telys »

Nickname wrote:
Sat 14 Mar 2020, 8:47 pm
MD wrote:
Sat 14 Mar 2020, 7:17 pm
regularjoe wrote:
For me, the best singles choices could have been:

- Dreamland
- Will-o-the wisp
- Monkey Business
- Only the dark
- Happy People
Dreamland, of course since it's a collaboration with a contemp artist
Monkey B, got the groove
Happy People, a sad song that makes you happy - a genuine PSB-combo (we've seen it before with LVQ and Being B)
I don't wanna, another stomper, of course it should be a single
Burning the H is a late excuse, 33 years late, for not letting King's C become a single.
----
You've got me all wrong

Oznerol

#156 Post by Oznerol »

The physical sales of this single will be affected for sure with all the restrictions worldwide. Here in Argentina, today, in the Customs office, the employees already told me that no packages from overseas are accepted anymore since last week...and nobody knows for how long this will last... :/ And I´m sure this is not the only country facing this situation. So, bye bye worldwide phisycal sales for the next months for ANYTHING!!
"I don´t wanna" CD and 12", "Annually", the two books, "It Couldn´t happen here" BluRay...see you...some day in the future...I hope...at re-sale prices... :roll: :(
This is not my signature.

TeCHno PoP

#157 Post by TeCHno PoP »

Very very sad! :(

Greendrake

#158 Post by Greendrake »

Oznerol wrote:
Tue 17 Mar 2020, 6:06 pm
Here in Argentina, today, in the Customs office, the employees already told me that no packages from overseas are accepted anymore since last week...and nobody knows for how long this will last... :/
Hmmm. Why though? The virus doesn't last on non-living objects for more than 3 days. Did they cut all flights and ships that deliver post in the country? Did they order that no overseas post to send items to them?

retrofuturist

#159 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Greendrake wrote:
Wed 18 Mar 2020, 12:46 am
Hmmm. Why though? The virus doesn't last on non-living objects for more than 3 days
Exactly... it's a time for facts over feelings.

Retro. :)

Gabby

#160 Post by Gabby »

retrofuturist wrote:
Wed 18 Mar 2020, 1:00 am
Greetings,
Greendrake wrote:
Wed 18 Mar 2020, 12:46 am
Hmmm. Why though? The virus doesn't last on non-living objects for more than 3 days
Exactly... it's a time for facts over feelings.

Retro. :)
I work in logistics and it's completely safe to handle a package delivered by a courier. FedEx even stated that as recently as 4 or 5 days ago.

Wash your hands and use common sense. It's not rocket science folks.

scousepsbfan

#161 Post by scousepsbfan »

Just heard the radio edit of I don't wanna. Makes a change to hear that they haven't cut any verses out, just some of the semi-instrumental bits. Hate it when really good bits are cut out to make radio edits (such as the second verse of Numb and the chunks out of Love is a bourgeois construct!).
Link here: https://www.spreaker.com/user/rkonair/a ... 18-03-2020
Fight for love or love to fight......

Gabby

#162 Post by Gabby »

scousepsbfan wrote:
Wed 18 Mar 2020, 9:29 pm
Just heard the radio edit of I don't wanna. Makes a change to hear that they haven't cut any verses out, just some of the semi-instrumental bits. Hate it when really good bits are cut out to make radio edits (such as the second verse of Numb and the chunks out of Love is a bourgeois construct!).
Link here: https://www.spreaker.com/user/rkonair/a ... 18-03-2020
Snore. They didnt even attempt to remix it. This needed the Heart treatment and to be reworked for the single.

Ghost within this house

#163 Post by Ghost within this house »

As I find the song rather pedestrian, the edit actually seems to give it a bit more life - the transitions come quicker and it feels like it has a bit more momentum.
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Patrick Bateman

#164 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Excellent radio edit. Boris needs to ban Rhythm is a Dancer.

Luke Colorado

#165 Post by Luke Colorado »

Rhythm is a Dancer is so good tho... not sure I could get sick of it.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.