Interesting article about Dainton

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Kris

Re: Interesting article about Dainton

#16 Post by Kris »

seriously wrote:
Thu 30 Apr 2020, 12:40 pm
Great thread! Here's a pic of a bunch of us from this forum after the first Potemkin gig. Any of you guys still here???

Can't see the pic but if I'm in it I'm still here...
Passion, love, sex, money, violence, religion, injustice and death. More on that story later.

raggatwin

#17 Post by raggatwin »

TallThinMan wrote:
Wed 29 Apr 2020, 9:12 pm
“Pet Shop Boys singer Chris Lowe…”

A long time ago I heard that Pete had a chequered past too. If he was friends with Dainton prior to his PSB involvement, I wonder if it was football hooliganism related.
Doubt it...doesn't look like he can mix it with the big boys, maybe just a mate from Islington
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

seriously

#18 Post by seriously »

I'll try again:

Great thread! Here's a pic of a bunch of us from this forum after the first Potemkin gig. Any of you guys still here???

RadioPunchBoil: The Future is 1982

seriously

#19 Post by seriously »

deleted

madsnielsen

#20 Post by madsnielsen »

seriously wrote:
Tue 05 May 2020, 7:43 am
I'll try again:

I was at the meet-up earlier that day but had to go back to my hotel after the Potemkin screening as I was not feeling too well. That's why I'm not in the photo, but I'm still here. I would have loved to meet Dainton with the rest of you.
Mads Nielsen
If people say I'm crazy, I tell 'em that it's true

seriously

#21 Post by seriously »

I remember that! I think I gave you you an ibuprofen! Hope you're feeling better now :)
madsnielsen wrote:
Tue 05 May 2020, 9:44 am
seriously wrote:
Tue 05 May 2020, 7:43 am
I'll try again:

I was at the meet-up earlier that day but had to go back to my hotel after the Potemkin screening as I was not feeling too well. That's why I'm not in the photo, but I'm still here. I would have loved to meet Dainton with the rest of you.

madsnielsen

#22 Post by madsnielsen »

Oh I had forgot about that but I recall it now you mention it. I remember I had some reservations accepting "drugs" from a stranger but as I really needed something for my pains and because you seemed trustworthy I accepted it. I guess your Ibuprofen was what helped me through the cold and rainy night on Trafalgar Square. Thank you very much! I'm better now by the way. :D

I haven't been very active on this forum over the years but I have been lurking in the shadows from time to time. I wonder what happened to some of the more active members in the photo whom I used to meet at various PSB concerts but not anymore. :(
seriously wrote:
Wed 06 May 2020, 3:07 pm
I remember that! I think I gave you you an ibuprofen! Hope you're feeling better now :)
madsnielsen wrote:
Tue 05 May 2020, 9:44 am
Mads Nielsen
If people say I'm crazy, I tell 'em that it's true

agent doris

#23 Post by agent doris »

geowayne wrote:
Wed 29 Apr 2020, 7:39 pm
The first guy in that photo (far left) looks as though he *may* be Peter Andreas (Chris's former longtime roommate, who died of AIDS-related illness in 1994. I could be wrong, however. (And I have no idea when that photo was taken.)

What do you think? If it is him, it may be one of the best photos available of him online.
He was with him at the Brits too I’ve just noticed!
Attachments
468E6561-451A-4DCA-9C3B-C63548707504.jpeg
468E6561-451A-4DCA-9C3B-C63548707504.jpeg (74.8 KiB) Viewed 202 times

daveid

#24 Post by daveid »

TallThinMan wrote:
Wed 29 Apr 2020, 9:12 pm
“Pet Shop Boys singer Chris Lowe…”
Singer of runaway hits like Postscript and Lies