Page 9 of 118

Posted: Tue 06 Apr 2004, 2:25 am
by Young Offender
I would not recognize a Kylie song if I heard it on the radio, I've been staying up late the last few weeks because of our new baby, and been watching a lot of VH1, They play her "Red Blooded Woman" video a lot and I really gotten to like the song so I was at Target the other day and purchased her BL CD along with a free three track cd with 3 live songs.

I've actually have gotten to like the CD alot, I like SLOW and Chocolate and RBW.

What other CD's of her would any of you recommend?

Posted: Tue 06 Apr 2004, 3:05 am
by Steve Fett
Her past 5 albums between 1994 and 2003 are the most developed and current ones:

Body Language
Fever
Light Years
Impossible Princess
Kylie Minogue

all very cool indeed - but if you are into the SAW hi-nrg and girly pop era, then everything before these mentioned above:

The Greatest Hits Collection
Lets Get To It
Rhythm of Love
Enjoy Yourself
Kylie

Posted: Tue 06 Apr 2004, 6:10 am
by Shopper
I agree with Steve..

I'd surely get these albums

from PWL(1988-1991)
- Greatest Hits (her SAW stuff was very pop and sappy, from Better the Devil you know, you can notice a more sexier and confident kylie and is a great collection for her over 20 singles)

From Deconstruction(1992-1997)
- Impossible Princess (this album is kylie like we will never again !)
- Hits + (Its got all the singles from KM'94, plus some excellent bsides like Tears, so I'd recommend this)

From Parlo(1999 -)
- Lightyears
- Fever
- Body Language

I'd also recommend the Fever - Live in Manchester Tour DVD/VCD

Posted: Tue 06 Apr 2004, 10:22 am
by Eldritch
Tut tut. As a fellow Kylie enthusiast I must correct my colleagues, that keep on waffling about an album called Impossible Princess. That album doesn't exist. As I'm sure they are also aware of, the title was pulled back at the last minute and released under the rather unimaginative Kylie Minogue name that was also the (un)title of her 1994 album. :wink:

Posted: Tue 06 Apr 2004, 10:26 am
by Shopper
I agree though, surely they could have thought of a better title! I guess ppl got confused with KM 94

but in Australia it was still released as IP and thats the version I got :)

Posted: Tue 06 Apr 2004, 3:15 pm
by Steve Fett
Shopper wrote:I agree though, surely they could have thought of a better title! I guess ppl got confused with KM 94

but in Australia it was still released as IP and thats the version I got :)
Yes, thats correct ! Being in Australia, I can assure you that the album WAS and IS called "Impossible Princess" here. The title was actually changed in the UK for the reason of Princess Di's death.

Posted: Tue 06 Apr 2004, 3:36 pm
by bookshopboy
The UK re-release last year with bonus CD was called Impossible Princess.

Body Language is still rubbish though..... :roll:

Posted: Wed 07 Apr 2004, 7:02 am
by Shopper
o ya..the re-release was called IP !

wish they stuck to it orginally in 1997

Posted: Wed 07 Apr 2004, 8:03 am
by Eldritch
Okay, I stand corrected. The title change was indeed over-reacting – especially as the album was postponed until 1998, because the first single flopped so badly.

Posted: Wed 07 Apr 2004, 9:36 am
by Shopper
They should have released Breathe, Too Far/Cowboy Style, Did It Again, Limbo as singles. Some kind of Bliss was a good song, but bad single choice IMO.

Posted: Wed 07 Apr 2004, 4:01 pm
by Steve Fett
Shopper wrote:They should have released Breathe, Too Far/Cowboy Style, Did It Again, Limbo as singles. Some kind of Bliss was a good song, but bad single choice IMO.
yes, Too Far would have made a way cool release (better than Some Kind Of Bliss). There were plans to release it and DJ copies were pressed and made (the cover was her silhouette) and you can download mixes from Kazaa - I already have !! :D

Cowboy Style was released as the 4th single here in Australia, and the video was from concert. The cover was really nice - that piccy of her in a bra and cowboy hat. :P

I would have liked to have seen Say Hey released as a single - very trancey. She toured Australia with this album and had COUNTLESS sell out concerts - they had to keep adding dates due to public demand. The album bombed in the UK but was very successful here. I saw 5 of her 8 Melbourne shows. It was a great experience, and her version of Dancing Queen was brilliant. Should have been a single as well.... 8)

Posted: Thu 08 Apr 2004, 6:10 am
by Shopper
How lucky ! I believe sydney - live and intimate was a fab concert ?! Now is this the same concert she played at Apollo after Light Years ?! One of the bigger stores here have the DVD but its outa stock at the moment

A friend of mine is in love with the dancers, who boogie behind kylie on the dancing queen sequence. I havent seen this..to confirm whether it was worth the drool :P

oh ya..that Cowboy Style cover was one of her best....Sexy but without the come hither

Posted: Thu 08 Apr 2004, 9:59 am
by Steve Fett
Shopper wrote:How lucky ! I believe sydney - live and intimate was a fab concert ?! Now is this the same concert she played at Apollo after Light Years ?! One of the bigger stores here have the DVD but its outa stock at the moment

A friend of mine is in love with the dancers, who boogie behind kylie on the dancing queen sequence. I havent seen this..to confirm whether it was worth the drool :P

oh ya..that Cowboy Style cover was one of her best....Sexy but without the come hither
yes, I can confirm the dancing boys in Dancing Queen are very sexy indeed. Get ready to drool !!! :P

the concert was before the Light Years tour, and was called Intimate and Live. twas mainly material off Impossible Princess and KM94. Very stripped down, but still had its camp elements.....namely the Big glittery pink "K" that was placed in the middle of the stage at the top of a flight of gold glitter stairs !!! She also released a live recording of this concert on double CD. Have you heard of this ? Had a great song on it called "Take me with you". This had a very cool, trancey, Indian vibe to it...check it out if you are unfamiliar to it (hang on, its on Hits +, isn't it ??!!)

Steve

Posted: Thu 08 Apr 2004, 11:49 am
by Shopper
I know there is a live and intimate DVD but not aware of the album ! hmm..there is much stuff I have to get my paws on :o

Ya 'take me with u' is on Hits+ - V Cool stuff !!

and whats all this gossip abt her being pregant and off the musik biz etc :?

Posted: Sun 11 Apr 2004, 10:56 pm
by spongeg
dVTB wrote:Slow was one of the worst songs of this decade so far; absolutely horrible. And Red Blooded Woman is just an awful, boring R&B-track.

I never thought I'd say it (since I always hated Britney), but it seems Kylie and Britney swapped places. Toxic is a very strong song. Britney is currently at the old Kylie level, while Kylie is acting at a Britney-level.

(dVTB)
kylie is so nothing in north america - britney is huge here

psb are dead over here too

sad

worst of all i am totally getting into hip hop now - cause thats all i ever damn hear!