Page 14 of 118

Posted: Tue 04 May 2004, 12:03 pm
by Ray
Girl was the best Minogue album till the release of Light years. It was both hit-y and daring, young fresh and new :) "Disremembrance" is such a great song, shame the Trouser Enthusiasts sound has aged so poorly. And the hidden track, her cover of "Coconut" is one of my all time favourite wake up tunes :)

Speaking of Neon Nights -- I dunno it really, just heard the singles. Put the needle on it was gorgeous, Who do you love now? is brilliant and awesome, and the others were just... I don't know. Nice.

Posted: Tue 04 May 2004, 1:07 pm
by Shopper
Neon Nights seems like 12 *better or worse* versions of Kylie's Still Standing, with a few euro dance nos for variety. I think her new album will b something to look out for.

Kylie's BL didnt have in ure face standout singles, but had so much variety and was still cohesive

Posted: Tue 04 May 2004, 1:50 pm
by Steve Fett
ps. thanks for renaming this thread Shopper !! hehehe !

Dannii's material of late has been brilliant. Girl is definately her best album, followed by Neon Nights. Anything before "All I wanna do" - AVOID !

She actually released the double A-side of "Coconut/Heaven can wait" here in Australia. It had a new song on it that you guys have got to check out if you haven't heard it already called "Someone New". Brilliant.

My Dannii top10 would be :

.I begin to wonder
2.All I wanna do
3.Mystified
4.Heaven can wait
5.Who do you love now?
6.Disrememberance
7.Someone New
8.Put the needle on it
9.Everything I wanted
10.Don't wanna lose this groove

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 9:34 am
by Steve Fett
here is the latest on Kylies' new single from BL....

Chocolate : the video.
Kylie.com
11:5:04

The filming of Kylie's enchanting video for the new single 'Chocolate' was completed late Friday night after a two day shoot.

'Chocolate' sees Kylie re-unite with award-winning director Dawn Shadworth ('Can't Get You Out Of My Head' and 'In Your Eyes' ), and acclaimed choreographer Michael Rooney ('Can't Get You Out Of My Head', 'Slow' and 'Body Language Live').

Speaking exclusively to Kylie.com, Michael told us: "It’s going to be one of Kylie’s best videos ever! It’s gonna kick ass!"

The 'Chocolate' video will premiere later this month and Kylie.com will have exclusive behind-the scenes footage from the 'Chocolate' shoot online shortly!

‘Chocolate’ is released on 28th June.

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 9:40 am
by bookshopboy
"Neon Nights" is about 1,000,000 times better than "Body Language". I like "Creep" the most along with "Put the needle on it".

I can't remember which track "Chocolate" is on BL... I will have to give it a go when I get home.

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 9:47 am
by Eldritch
Steve Fett wrote:Speaking exclusively to Kylie.com, Michael told us: "It’s going to be one of Kylie’s best videos ever! It’s gonna kick ass!"
Well, the people who allowed BL to happen really deserve to have their asses kicked... :wink:

About Dannii: Girl does have a couple of excellent tracks, especially Disrememberance. Must dig it out somewhere from the bottom of my "guilty pleasures" album box.

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 9:59 am
by bookshopboy
Eldritch wrote:Well, the people who allowed BL to happen really deserve to have their asses kicked... :wink:
so true...

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 10:07 am
by Shopper
Thats cool ! Dawn always makes these visually interesting vids. Are they playing the song on radio as yet

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 10:57 am
by Ray
bookshopboy wrote:
Eldritch wrote:Well, the people who allowed BL to happen really deserve to have their asses kicked... :wink:
so true...
It was a part of the plan to make Kylie the biggest female star... and instead we get some stupidos asking her in the interviews "we're hearing Red Blooded Woman is only #5 in the midweeks, why do you think it's such a flop?" :P And now I'm reading that she wants to work with The Neptunes -- Kyles! WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE R&B VOCALISTS, WE'VE GOT HUNDREDS TO DEAL WITH!!! We need someone who can sing "I don't need anyone", "Spinning around", "Tears on my pillow", "Better the devil you know" and "Put yourself in my place" and there's only one person that can do it well and -- hint -- it's not Beyonce!

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 11:10 am
by bookshopboy
Ray wrote:
bookshopboy wrote:
Eldritch wrote:Well, the people who allowed BL to happen really deserve to have their asses kicked... :wink:
so true...
It was a part of the plan to make Kylie the biggest female star... and instead we get some stupidos asking her in the interviews "we're hearing Red Blooded Woman is only #5 in the midweeks, why do you think it's such a flop?" :P And now I'm reading that she wants to work with The Neptunes -- Kyles! WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE R&B VOCALISTS, WE'VE GOT HUNDREDS TO DEAL WITH!!! We need someone who can sing "I don't need anyone", "Spinning around", "Tears on my pillow", "Better the devil you know" and "Put yourself in my place" and there's only one person that can do it well and -- hint -- it's not Beyonce!
You see, I thought I read somewhere that she was going to work with The Neptunes for her new album (ie. Body Language) but obviously that never happened. I would much rather her do something with The Neptunes than her having done loads of rubbish r'n'b with crappy unknown producers who can't produce good tracks to save their lives.

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 1:16 pm
by Steve Fett
she actually recorded tracks with dance act B(if)tek, but didn't end up using the tracks on "Body Language"....may have been a dancier album if she had done that....

anyways, I agree that 'Neon Nights" is a better album than "Body Language" - its cool that Dannii has found her groove after such a disasterous past back in the early 90's !

Oh yeah Shopper, "Chocolate" is already top 20 on the radio charts here in Australia...but as yet they are still playing the album version.

"Chocolate" would probably be the best track off "Body Language" :wink:

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 2:07 pm
by Shopper
saving the best for last...I guess everyone was unanimous about Chocolate being one of the best tracks of BL. Its sad that after the single release and dvd of money cant buy, the project will come to a close *unless they shock us all with single #4)


Steve, apparently she is in melbourne doing some radio shows and chillin at home ?

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 2:28 pm
by Steve Fett
Shopper wrote:saving the best for last...I guess everyone was unanimous about Chocolate being one of the best tracks of BL. Its sad that after the single release and dvd of money cant buy, the project will come to a close *unless they shock us all with single #4)


Steve, apparently she is in melbourne doing some radio shows and chillin at home ?
Yeah, she is on live TV next Tuesday night here in Melbourne - her home town !!! (maybe performing Chocolate ??!!) on a popular talkshow called "Rove".

The KM94 album only had 3 singles lifted from it, as did "Impossible Princess" (although "Cowboy Style"was released here as the 4th single)....so "Body Language" only having 3 doesn't seem too bizarre really...Maybe we here in Australia will get a 4th single....maybe.....

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 2:37 pm
by Shopper
After IP..kyles went and did a whole lot of collaborations..Nick Cave, PSB, Towa Tei, St. Ettiene(?) etc..

ofcourse she is too much of a supastar now to do the same, but it would be great if she could team up and make some quirky/dramatic songs...ala fischerspooner etc, take time out and come back with the most sophisticated dance album ever :wink:

Posted: Tue 11 May 2004, 3:34 pm
by Ray
The Saint Etienne collaboration is a note-by-note cover of 'Nothing can stop us' which is a b-side to 'Confide in me'.

I never liked 'Chocolate', my top three outta Bowel Leakage being 'Slow', 'Still standing' and 'Secret'.