Page 5 of 118

Posted: Mon 08 Mar 2004, 2:49 pm
by Steve Fett
Red Blooded Woman debuted at number 4 here in Oz and number 5 in the UK ! hurrah ! :dance:

Posted: Mon 08 Mar 2004, 6:42 pm
by Lethe
The thing with Kylie though is that she's got a few catchy songs but people seem to think she walks on water.

She isn't beautiful, she hasn't got a great singing voice and as far as I am aware, has never had an opinion on anything. She just exists as this icon.

I don't know whether it really is a 'gay' thing - from the testimonials on this thread perhaps it is.

I can see why Dusty or Debbie Harry are gay icons - but Kylie just seems so bland and obvious.

Posted: Mon 08 Mar 2004, 9:24 pm
by Glenny4
Steve Fett wrote:Red Blooded Woman debuted at number 4 here in Oz and number 5 in the UK ! hurrah ! :dance:
Thank God it did not get to number 1 in UK :o

I don't hate kylie last album was great pop but this album not for me and Slow getting to number 1 i thought RBW would have to. :P

Posted: Mon 08 Mar 2004, 9:24 pm
by Steve Fett
Lethe wrote:The thing with Kylie though is that she's got a few catchy songs but people seem to think she walks on water.

She isn't beautiful, she hasn't got a great singing voice and as far as I am aware, has never had an opinion on anything. She just exists as this icon.

I don't know whether it really is a 'gay' thing - from the testimonials on this thread perhaps it is.

I can see why Dusty or Debbie Harry are gay icons - but Kylie just seems so bland and obvious.
Zoltar, "bland" is definately something that Kylie is not ! Flamboyant and camp maybe, but unless you have been under a rock I suggest you look at her image and/or videos, cos bland she ain't. Comparison to "blandness" - Kylie Minogue or Jessica Simpson. :shock: And the gay icon thing, come to Australia and you can see how much she is worshiped for her icon status ! People LOVE Kylie.

And beauty must be in the eye of the beholder, cos year after year she always ends up in the most beautiful people/sexiest people list on the planet ! Maybe not in your eyes, but the bulk of the population has spoken. :D

Hey, another top 5 hit is just as well !!! And yet another success....

Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2004, 5:38 am
by Shopper
exactly !

and who are these non-bland female artists, can we hear !

Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2004, 7:22 am
by Ray
LittleSpammerBoy wrote:Even more shocking for your obviously sensitive disposition is that we like pop music. Good pop music, you know - like those Pet Bob Gang or whatever they were called. :think:
Yeah, how would YOU know what they are called? Too busy being you all the time...

Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2004, 7:24 am
by Ray
bigboy wrote:I've never claimed Madonna is a great singer, but she sings live far more than Kylie. She also used very little effects on most of the tracks on AL album, unlike Kylie, who masks her deficiencies with all kinds of studio wizardry.
Madonna used very little effects on AL??? HAHAHAHAAA!!!!! *ROTFL* You should try and play it one day, pal :D

Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2004, 7:55 am
by Steve Fett
Ray wrote:
bigboy wrote:I've never claimed Madonna is a great singer, but she sings live far more than Kylie. She also used very little effects on most of the tracks on AL album, unlike Kylie, who masks her deficiencies with all kinds of studio wizardry.
Madonna used very little effects on AL??? HAHAHAHAAA!!!!! *ROTFL* You should try and play it one day, pal :D
hehehehe ! :lol: EXACTLY Ray !
...these wannabe Kylie haters who don't know what they are talking about. Sheesh ! I bet that post was a big oopsie on his part :oops:

Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2004, 7:58 am
by Lethe
Steve Fett wrote:
Lethe wrote:The thing with Kylie though is that she's got a few catchy songs but people seem to think she walks on water.

She isn't beautiful, she hasn't got a great singing voice and as far as I am aware, has never had an opinion on anything. She just exists as this icon.

I don't know whether it really is a 'gay' thing - from the testimonials on this thread perhaps it is.

I can see why Dusty or Debbie Harry are gay icons - but Kylie just seems so bland and obvious.
Zoltar, "bland" is definately something that Kylie is not ! Flamboyant and camp maybe, but unless you have been under a rock I suggest you look at her image and/or videos, cos bland she ain't. Comparison to "blandness" - Kylie Minogue or Jessica Simpson. :shock:

And beauty must be in the eye of the beholder, cos year after year she always ends up in the most beautiful people/sexiest people list on the planet ! Maybe not in your eyes, but the bulk of the population has spoken. :D

Hey, another top 5 hit is just as well !!! And yet another success....
Kudos for recognizing Zoltar. :wink:

I don't actually dislike Kylie, I am just mystified at the level of her success. Out of PSB and Kylie, who is the one whose records get A-list playlisting across the board and who gets the odd play on Radio 2? I suppose it is pop music and she is a young(-ish) woman who flaunts her ass and PSB.....aren't.

Justify The Locomotion!!!!!

Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2004, 8:10 am
by Steve Fett
Lethe wrote:
Steve Fett wrote:
Lethe wrote:The thing with Kylie though is that she's got a few catchy songs but people seem to think she walks on water.

She isn't beautiful, she hasn't got a great singing voice and as far as I am aware, has never had an opinion on anything. She just exists as this icon.

I don't know whether it really is a 'gay' thing - from the testimonials on this thread perhaps it is.

I can see why Dusty or Debbie Harry are gay icons - but Kylie just seems so bland and obvious.
Zoltar, "bland" is definately something that Kylie is not ! Flamboyant and camp maybe, but unless you have been under a rock I suggest you look at her image and/or videos, cos bland she ain't. Comparison to "blandness" - Kylie Minogue or Jessica Simpson. :shock:

And beauty must be in the eye of the beholder, cos year after year she always ends up in the most beautiful people/sexiest people list on the planet ! Maybe not in your eyes, but the bulk of the population has spoken. :D

Hey, another top 5 hit is just as well !!! And yet another success....
Kudos for recognizing Zoltar. :wink:

I don't actually dislike Kylie, I am just mystified at the level of her success. Out of PSB and Kylie, who is the one whose records get A-list playlisting across the board and who gets the odd play on Radio 2? I suppose it is pop music and she is a young(-ish) woman who flaunts her ass and PSB.....aren't.

Justify The Locomotion!!!!!
hey, I love G-Force, especially Jason :P yummo!

you may be mystified with Kylies success, but hey - it works and she is a success, so end of story.

justify Locomotion ? - shit, that was 1987 (the single was released first here in Australia, back then before SAW remixed it and released it in 1988), when crappy songs and big hair ruled the charts. I'm know I have moved on since 87, as I'm sure you AND Kylie have too. She admits herself that that song in particular is daggy (and I agree), but in 87 it was cool at the time. Justified.

She is 35 and still has a great ass, so why not flaunt it ?!?! :wink:

Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2004, 8:23 am
by Shopper
Kylie doesnt have to justify Locomotion ! its was a cover version and a fun pop song. That way beatles would have to justify 'I wanna hold ure hand' or madonna 'jimmy jimmy' :roll:

Now pls dont presume that I am making a comparison again, just using a reference that all artists evolve in time and so has kylie, whether ppl here think or not

and nothing wrong with flaunting ure ass, if u have decent cheeks to show ! Forget the women, guys like Enrique and Darius pout more than the pretty models who prance in their videos.
bigboy wrote:
She also used very little effects on most of the tracks on AL album, unlike Kylie, who masks her deficiencies with all kinds of studio wizardry.
and those were not computer effects in de record..but mirwaiz squealing, when madge hit him with a basting brush for not delivering her another 'Music' :roll:

Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2004, 8:40 am
by Steve Fett
Kylie's evolution in music, are soooo many and varied. Examples ?

Hi-NRG pop : What do I have to do, Better the devil you know, On a nite like this, Burning up
Alternative : Drunk, The reflex, Where the wild roses grow
Rave : Do you dare, Keep on pumpin' it, Closer
R&B : Red blooded woman, After dark
Girly Pop : What kind of fool, Wouldn't change a thing
Euro : In your eyes, Love at first sight, Come into my world
Camp : Your disco need you, Love boat, Dancing Queen
Guitar orientated : Did it again, Some kind of bliss, Limbo
Minimalist : Slow, Fever, GBI, Breathe
Big Ballads : Put yourself in my place, If you were with me now, Dangerous game, Bittersweet goodbye

hmmmmm, she's hardly "bland".... :roll:

Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2004, 8:41 am
by Eldritch
Steve Fett wrote:you may be mystified with Kylies success, but hey - it works and she is a success, so end of story.
No, it's not the end of story, you silly boy. This is a discussion, you see, and discussions, between intelligent people at least, end when people run out of things to say, not when somebody decides to say "end of story". And hadn't you already said that about forty messages ago? Why are you then continuing the discussion – especially when your way of continuing the discussion is to try to end it with your each post? The mind boggles.

Why is it so hard to understand and accept, that some people don't like Kylie? "People LOVE Kylie", you scream. The fact is, that – as with any pop star – some people love Kylie and some hate Kylie, but most of the population couldn't care less either way about the little pop pixie. A considerable large percentage of the population in Western world won't even know who she is. She's not above criticism, you know. Neither is anybody else.

Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2004, 8:43 am
by Eldritch
Steve Fett wrote:Kylies evolution in music, are soooo many and varied. Examples ?

Hi-NRG pop : What do I have to do, Better the devil you know, On a nite like this
Alternative : Drunk, The reflex, Where the wild roses grow
Rave : Do you dare, Keep on pumpin' it, Closer
R&B : Red blooded woman, After dark
Girly Pop : What kind of fool, Wouldn't change a thing
Euro : In your eyes, Love at first sight, Come into my world
Camp : Your disco need you, Love boat, Dancing Queen
Guitar orientated : Did it again, Some kind of bliss, Limbo
Minimalist : Slow, Fever, GBI
Big Ballads : Put yourself in my place, If you were with me now, Dangerous game

hmmmmm, she's hardly "bland".... :roll:
Yes, she has jumped on any bandwagon goin by on a ten-mile radius – and despite that, most of the songs in your list mean nothing to anyone outside the inner circle of her fan club.

Posted: Tue 09 Mar 2004, 8:44 am
by Steve Fett
Eldritch wrote:
Steve Fett wrote:you may be mystified with Kylies success, but hey - it works and she is a success, so end of story.
No, it's not the end of story, you silly boy. This is a discussion, you see, and discussions, between intelligent people at least, end when people run out of things to say, not when somebody decides to say "end of story". And hadn't you already said that about forty messages ago? Why are you then continuing the discussion – especially when your way of continuing the discussion is to try to end it with your each post? The mind boggles.

Why is it so hard to understand and accept, that some people don't like Kylie? "People LOVE Kylie", you scream. The fact is, that – as with any pop star – some people love Kylie and some hate Kylie, but most of the population couldn't care less either way about the little pop pixie. A considerable large percentage of the population in Western world won't even know who she is. She's not above criticism, you know. Neither is anybody else.
yawn. And whats your excuse ? :lol: