Page 2 of 5

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:06 pm
by LittleBummerBoy
Flaffer wrote:high taxes
You should live in Holland! :roll:

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:07 pm
by Tom
Flaffer wrote:I've yet to come across anyone British who thinks we have the highest standard of living in the world - high taxes, expensive consumer goods, extortionate property prices, awful, expensive public transport, the list goes on - still better than being known as a country whos major contribution to the world has been Tintin ; )
*sigh*
And I've yet to meet a Brit with a good sense of humour :P

You lot really can't laugh about yourselves, can you?
;)

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:09 pm
by LittleBummerBoy
Tom wrote:And I've yet to meet a Brit with a good sense of humour :P

You lot really can't laugh about yourselves, can you?
;)
So what's "The Brits (the shits) did rule the world, until the Yanks decided to snatch it off them. The buggers." then? :roll:

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:13 pm
by LittleBummerBoy
Greeks can't have a sense of humour either?

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:15 pm
by Tom
LittleBummerBoy wrote:Greeks can't have a sense of humour either?
They can, only I don't care about them.

You see, I was talking about Brits...

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:16 pm
by Avalon
LittleBummerBoy wrote:She's from the land of Brian Eno and Poirrot, actually. And it's not nice to talk of Indonesia like that.
I wasn't talking about Indonesia, as I'm sure that's no collony anymore (or is it?).
And Poirot only has one R in it (or hasn't it?).

Still, Belgians share a border with Holland, so it's close enough already

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:17 pm
by LittleBummerBoy
Tom wrote:I don't care about them.
If I'm honest, neither do I.

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:20 pm
by LittleBummerBoy
Avalon wrote:I wasn't talking about Indonesia, as I'm sure that's no collony anymore (or is it?).
Perhaps I wasn't being entirely serious? :roll: And colony (for it was once owned by da Dutchies) only has one 'l' in it :lol:

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:20 pm
by Tom
LittleBummerBoy wrote:
Tom wrote:I don't care about them.
If I'm honest, neither do I.
Why are we discussing them then?

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:26 pm
by LittleBummerBoy
Avalon wrote:Belgians share a border with Holland, so it's close enough already
Yeah, round them all up and throw the world's entire supply of Edam at their heads. Klootzaks

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:28 pm
by Avalon
LittleBummerBoy wrote:Yeah, round them all up and throw the world's entire supply of Edam at their heads. Klootzaks
It's klootzakKEN, so I've heard from reliable sources :roll:

Btw, Edam isn't Belgian, is it?

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 5:29 pm
by LittleBummerBoy
Avalon wrote:Btw, Edam isn't Belgian, is it?
Well, Belgians share a border with Holland, so it's close enough :wink:

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 8:06 pm
by raggatwin
You must admit though Tom's not too far off on some of his observations........

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 8:09 pm
by LittleBummerBoy
Yeah, it's just that he smells a bit off.

Posted: Tue 02 Mar 2004, 9:20 pm
by Tom
LittleBummerBoy wrote:Yeah, it's just that he smells a bit off.
I beg your pardon?!