terrorist attack in london....

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Message
Author
User avatar
Danimal
Posts: 1448
Joined: Sun 02 Nov 2003, 11:57 pm
Contact:

#16 Post by Danimal »

I agree. While one should always try to be some what thoughtful with their words, political correctness does stifle the free exchange of ideas. Solutions may only be reached if people are free to speak their mind without the fear of being labelled or marginalized.

User avatar
Shopper
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
Contact:

#17 Post by Shopper »

but this is really getting very scary now..and unfortunately its the innocent bystander or hapless tourist who will have to pay the price of their governments policy making with their lives :(
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Kris
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sat 08 Nov 2003, 11:22 am

#18 Post by Kris »

technotrancemix wrote:Dave's point about the MOBO's is spot on. To me, MOBO's is Music Of Bland Origin, of course being white man if I said "black origin" to a coloured person, I would be classed as racist (especially with the ethnic communities nearby).
Erm, we've had this discussion before. The MOBOs can't be considered racist because they don't actually discriminate against white artists - hence awards for Mick Hucknall, Jamiroquai, The Prodigy and Basement Jaxx.

Having said that, I think the title of the awards should be changed to the Urban Music Awards or something because Music of Black Origin sounds naff - and vague for that matter.
Passion, love, sex, money, violence, religion, injustice and death. More on that story later.

Post Reply