Page 2 of 3

Posted: Sun 02 May 2004, 11:51 pm
by DavePSB
If it's any consolation, Arsenal are champions :D :D

Posted: Mon 03 May 2004, 12:02 am
by amhilde
Good point there Steve- but for that kinda cash you can get better quality players as you move up the line. Im not sure how much of a salary jump there is between the lower divisions, but its got to be smaller than that for the jump between Division 1 and the Premiership, or even the bottom half of the Premiership and the top teams. You look at Chelsea who spent what was it 110 million UKP? this last year and still couldnt quite crack the top of the table. Its all about teamwork and harmony. You can throw a bunch on the pitch, but if they havent any desire or incentive to work together then you just have 11 primadonnas who cost you a bundle.

So wait, Doncaster are up to D1 then?

Posted: Mon 03 May 2004, 12:05 am
by StevePSB
amhilde wrote:
So wait, Doncaster are up to D1 then?
No, that's the end of next season. ;)

As an aside - I wish I'd had a bet on Rovers going straight up - 33-1 at the start of the season...


StevePSB

Posted: Mon 03 May 2004, 12:06 pm
by One of the crowd
Undertaker wrote:....and if Leicester hadn't gone to La Manga, Spurs would have been relegated too.

Dave
there's always next season! :wink:

Posted: Mon 03 May 2004, 1:31 pm
by Your Funny Uncle
DavePSB wrote:If it's any consolation, Arsenal are champions :D :D
Not much, but at least it's not Man U... ;)

Posted: Mon 03 May 2004, 4:00 pm
by Undertaker
Bowesy wrote:
Undertaker wrote:....and if Leicester hadn't gone to La Manga, Spurs would have been relegated too.

Dave
there's always next season! :wink:
If we don't get rid of our coaching staff and bring in a top manager, Spurs will be relegated. I heard yesterday that is Van Gaal.

Dave

Posted: Mon 03 May 2004, 4:22 pm
by Technotrancemix
amhilde wrote:You look at Chelsea who spent what was it 110 million UKP? this last year and still couldnt quite crack the top of the table. Its all about teamwork and harmony.
I recon that even without Abromivich, Chelsea wouldn't be any far off from where they are now.

Re: Leeds are down.........

Posted: Mon 03 May 2004, 4:53 pm
by GalataPSB
Native wrote:..........and out :cry:
We are gonna transfer VIDUKA! 8)

Re: Leeds are down.........

Posted: Tue 04 May 2004, 9:15 am
by Niall
Native wrote:..........and out :cry:
Commiserations mate. It's the fans that ultimately suffer the most.
Niall

Posted: Tue 04 May 2004, 9:17 am
by Niall
I'm off to interview Micky Adams and some of the Leicester players on Tuesday, God knows what the mood will be like. :shock:

Posted: Tue 04 May 2004, 10:26 am
by Kiran
Undertaker wrote:Leeds will be straight back. The only way they wont return is if they go out of extinction. Robinson, Smith and Viduka will be gone but it wont make any difference in division 1. The reason they were relegated is because too many of the players are division 1 standard. They will compete near the business end of the nationwide. I think they will be straight back up.
I wouldn't bet on it. I'm sure West Ham and Sunderland fans thought the same, but only one of them can go back next season (at best). Anyway, its not totally grim for Leeds yet. The way I see it, if the team above them lose their next match and Leeds win with a goal difference of 40 or so they will still be playing in the premiership next season.

Posted: Tue 04 May 2004, 3:37 pm
by Technotrancemix
Niall wrote:I'm off to interview Micky Adams and some of the Leicester players on Tuesday, God knows what the mood will be like. :shock:
You'll be in Leicester next week? I might see you about :wink:

Posted: Tue 04 May 2004, 5:57 pm
by Niall
technotrancemix wrote:
Niall wrote:I'm off to interview Micky Adams and some of the Leicester players on Tuesday, God knows what the mood will be like. :shock:
You'll be in Leicester next week? I might see you about :wink:
I'll be staying at the Premier Lodge, Leicester on Monday night.
Tues- Interviews
Wed Southampton vs Newcastle

Posted: Wed 05 May 2004, 4:45 pm
by define psb
Niall wrote:
technotrancemix wrote:
Niall wrote:I'm off to interview Micky Adams and some of the Leicester players on Tuesday, God knows what the mood will be like. :shock:
You'll be in Leicester next week? I might see you about :wink:
I'll be staying at the Premier Lodge, Leicester on Monday night.
Tues- Interviews
Wed Southampton vs Newcastle
Now WHY wasn't it a HOME match for the magpies :cry: I would have liked to have met my second 'journalist' from this forum :lol: Just to size up the evidence :wink:

Posted: Wed 05 May 2004, 7:22 pm
by Niall
define psb wrote:
Niall wrote:
technotrancemix wrote:You'll be in Leicester next week? I might see you about :wink:
I'll be staying at the Premier Lodge, Leicester on Monday night.
Tues- Interviews
Wed Southampton vs Newcastle
Now WHY wasn't it a HOME match for the magpies :cry: I would have liked to have met my second 'journalist' from this forum :lol: Just to size up the evidence :wink:
Hubba hubba, you could have shown me your bellendamy.