Retro '80s: Playgirls and Lover Boys, Part I

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Message
Author
User avatar
y3potential
Posts: 1721
Joined: Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:21 pm
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: Retro '80s: Playgirls and Lover Boys, Part I

#16 Post by y3potential »

daveid wrote: Sun 03 Nov 2019, 6:35 pm
herts101 wrote: Sun 03 Nov 2019, 3:21 pm The bullying tone used to respond to these posts, and even more so to those of Nickname, does no one any credit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not the job of this forum to administer sympathy and counselling although we will on our own terms if we wish. If this chap is unwell then I genuinely sympathise OUTSIDE the walls of this forum. On the other hand he may be having the time of his life and good luck I say. It's a mean world here in cyberspace. If people need help, want love etc then real people in the real world can provide it.

In the meantime this guy doesn't engage with anyone here, he doesn't respond to comments nor input anything comprehensible. It's like a guest at a dinner party who says nothing but once every half hour vomits in the punch.

I totally agree. The lack of any engagement whatsoever after posting the initial claptrap just invites ridicule and resentment. If this guy has issues then I'm sure the members here aren’t unfeeling and will offer sympathy and support. But just posting a rambling incoherent stream of consciousness every other month and not responding at all will only irritate and test the patience of others..
Last edited by y3potential on Sun 03 Nov 2019, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

TwizzleUK
Posts: 701
Joined: Fri 24 Feb 2006, 11:22 pm

Re: Retro '80s: Playgirls and Lover Boys, Part I

#17 Post by TwizzleUK »

Perhaps we should collectively agree that from this point forward none of us will post any replies to his posts. Then we'll minimise the time we waste on his unusual posts, and his threads will quickly descend down the forum list into obscurity where they belong.

User avatar
Patrick Bateman
Posts: 9986
Joined: Sat 12 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Retro '80s: Playgirls and Lover Boys, Part I

#18 Post by Patrick Bateman »

daveid wrote: Sun 03 Nov 2019, 7:15 pm You've obviously followed him in more detail than me.

Who's Herzog? Decent sort of chap?
Yes, rather. Chucks up quite a lot in punch bowls though.

User avatar
Patrick Bateman
Posts: 9986
Joined: Sat 12 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Retro '80s: Playgirls and Lover Boys, Part I

#19 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Harry Hamlin. He was in LA Law, wasn’t he? Rousing theme. Trunk (boot) slamming shut. Back when ITV was decent. Fade out.

User avatar
onzio
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 12:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Retro '80s: Playgirls and Lover Boys, Part I

#20 Post by onzio »

Come on! I agree that some internet hating could have dangerous effects on sensible minds, but please leave us the right of some polite mean irony!
The only solution to this emerging problem is to move these posts to the off topic discussion. They are not PSB related as much as a post about shoe models starting form a picture of Neil.
The Onzio on Spotify
The Onzio on YouTube
Expressing passion, explaining pain
This is my kind of music

User avatar
Marie loves PSB
Posts: 1802
Joined: Sun 27 May 2007, 10:56 am

Re: Retro '80s: Playgirls and Lover Boys, Part I

#21 Post by Marie loves PSB »

TwizzleUK wrote: Sun 03 Nov 2019, 8:36 pm Perhaps we should collectively agree that from this point forward none of us will post any replies to his posts. Then we'll minimise the time we waste on his unusual posts, and his threads will quickly descend down the forum list into obscurity where they belong.
I agree TwizzleUK! :D I have only replied on here as it got sent back up again. I have asked the moderators to move these posts to the "off topic discussion" part of the forum. :up:

Post Reply