Page 3 of 4

Posted: Thu 06 Nov 2003, 6:47 am
by Shopper
uuf..the hype for blair witch ! I liked the movie because of its concept and the blurring lines of reality and fiction.

The last scene from Ring was a complete knock out. I've never been more mortified !

Posted: Thu 06 Nov 2003, 6:05 pm
by Glenny4
Can't stand blair witch sequel better to me.

frightening films

Posted: Sat 08 Nov 2003, 4:21 pm
by shamelessbehave
The Exorcist, the second one with additionaL images,that´s horrible,the scene when she goes down the stairs quickly....AHHHHHHH

Posted: Sat 08 Nov 2003, 9:57 pm
by spongeg
[quote=The film that got the most hype but was the biggest let down was Blair Witch.

Dave[/quote]

i liked the blair witch - well it scared me - i don't know if i should say like

i watched it once and only once at the theatre - freaked me out for days

anyway i should try to watch it again

and yeah there was too much hype

the second one wasn't that bad- just wasn't so good

Posted: Sat 08 Nov 2003, 11:12 pm
by StevePSB
Don't like out and out horror films. I prefer the odd thriller.

I am struggling to think of ones I can recommend... thinks of DVD collection...

Ummmm... I can recommend 'Shallow Grave', that's a good film. I honestly can't think of anything else I have in the genre.

I have a few action/thriller type films like Robocop(s) and Terminator(s) of course, but your mind doesn't really see them as scary films as such.

I foolishly bought Blair Witch. It was really poor IMHO. It always promised something but never delivered. The budget obviously didn't stretch to any kind of effect. It was all kept psychological and it didn't really work with me. Didn't understand the end bit in the house at all!


StevePSB

Posted: Sun 09 Nov 2003, 4:09 pm
by spongeg
my nephew thought it was real

Posted: Sat 31 Jan 2004, 11:34 pm
by Dreamcatcher2003
Native wrote:'It Couldn't Happen Here', it had me hiding behind the sofa within ten minutes!!!

LOTS OF LOL. I was going through older off-topics; I am crazy for horror movies so this topic lured me: And see what I've found.

Yes, standing even ten minutes to this horror is really remarkable.

By the way, who is this Native buddy? I bow in front of him because of his sense of humor 8)

Posted: Sat 31 Jan 2004, 11:42 pm
by Hmmm
:evil: Try Darkness Falls or Mouthman prophesys they made me Jump.

Posted: Sat 31 Jan 2004, 11:50 pm
by define psb
Horror films make me laugh!

BUT ... something that was freaky was visiting Highgate Cem... and seeing the place where PART of the Dracula movie was shot... (as referred to by satanas in her thread earlier..) ... now that was a tad spooky!

Posted: Sat 31 Jan 2004, 11:52 pm
by Dreamcatcher2003
Undertaker wrote:Children of the Corn. Theres another film. The film that got the most hype but was the biggest let down was Blair Witch.

Dave
Ugh, c'mon. If you had only read the story by King, I am sure you would have found the movie terrible and a sucking piece of thing.

Posted: Sun 01 Feb 2004, 12:04 am
by define psb
Cujo and that : Devil Dogs film were a little bit frightening..but maybe only because there had been so many reports of Rottie and Dobies attacking people for real around the time of the filums (films)

Posted: Sun 01 Feb 2004, 12:42 am
by Flaffer
Highgate Cemetary is one scary/spooky place.

Scary films Children of the Corn, Omen, Straw Dogs, Exorcist,
arachnophobia ( only cause spiders scare living shit outta me)

Posted: Sun 01 Feb 2004, 12:48 am
by Brighton Belle
The film that haunted me for weeks after I saw it was 'Don't Look Now' although I suppose you wouldn't class it as horror, just a slightly supernatural thriller. Brilliant film, though.

Posted: Sun 01 Feb 2004, 1:30 am
by fluffmoln
Without having read this thread thouroughly I have to say that Ringu (the Japanese original) scared the shit out of me. Watched it alone at 1 am and all crickety crackety noises all around my apartment made me sleepless the whole night. The American version is good, but not half as frightening.

Posted: Sun 01 Feb 2004, 1:34 am
by Glenny4
The most Frightening Horror film of all time is the original uncut Evil Dead and not it's sequels.