Page 4 of 4
Posted: Fri 16 Apr 2004, 5:20 pm
by define psb
technotrancemix wrote:define psb wrote:Please release me is the song!! I NEVER liked that!!
Y U M
I can do quite a good vocal version. It must be in the blood

Two can play this game! Edit the edit!
BTW since Engelbert is 'family' could you ask him to stop soiling the UK record store shelves with his gawd aweful songs for the over 150's!!

Posted: Fri 16 Apr 2004, 5:44 pm
by Technotrancemix
define psb wrote:BTW since Engelbert is 'family' could you ask him to soil the UK record store shelves with his gawd awesome songs for the over 15's!!

Since Englebert is "family", I could ask him to personally sign a CD for you. Even better

Posted: Sat 17 Apr 2004, 6:51 pm
by define psb
I think I found another 'cheesie' song! (At least I think I have it in my singles back at home!!!) Agadoo!! ---- I might have been very drunk when I bought it!!
(I have bought a CD today : Tom Stephan :'These beats are.....'

If I am VERY lucky maybe I will have it autographed by the man himself! He's young and sexier than E. Humperdink too!

)
Posted: Sat 17 Apr 2004, 8:17 pm
by Scandal
Agadoo! I have not heard that one for years! It was always played at family get togethers. Maybe that's why I stopped going to them....
Posted: Sat 17 Apr 2004, 8:19 pm
by Tom
That song doesn't happen to be by some band called Saragossa Band?
If it is the song I have in mind now, then I think you and psb-freak win this game.
DR Bombay and Agadoo....

I can't really think of anything worse.
At least I'm feeling better about my own taste in music now
define psb wrote:(I have bought a CD today : Tom Stephan :'These beats are.....'

If I am VERY lucky maybe I will have it autographed by the man himself! He's young and sexier than E. Humperdink too!

)
I hope you like the cd. It hasn't been out of my cd player since I got it
Good luck with getting it signed

But don't forget to bring a pen, I don't think Tom runs around armed with one

Posted: Sat 17 Apr 2004, 10:11 pm
by define psb
Tom wrote:
That song doesn't happen to be by some band called Saragossa Band?
If it is the song I have in mind now, then I think you and psb-freak win this game.
DR Bombay and Agadoo....

I can't really think of anything worse.
At least I'm feeling better about my own taste in music now
define psb wrote:(I have bought a CD today : Tom Stephan :'These beats are.....'

If I am VERY lucky maybe I will have it autographed by the man himself! He's young and sexier than E. Humperdink too!

)
I hope you like the cd. It hasn't been out of my cd player since I got it
Good luck with getting it signed

But don't forget to bring a pen, I don't think Tom runs around armed with one

Tom sweetie! Agadoo was done by Black Lace I think, maybe some elderly PSB fan here can argue that! (maybe even a younger UK PSB fan can! )
The Tom Stephan CD

well it was recommended by a good friend

and the Vinyl was ignored!!! (for once!) ---- Don't worry Tom, I have a few 'pens' in my handbag! I will PM or email you with the 'results'

Posted: Sun 18 Apr 2004, 1:41 am
by Scandal
define psb wrote:
Tom sweetie! Agadoo was done by Black Lace I think, maybe some elderly PSB fan here can argue that! (maybe even a younger UK PSB fan can! )
The Agadoo I remember was by Black Lace!
Agadoo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree,
Agadoo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee,
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees,
Come and dance every night, sing with the hula melody. 
Posted: Sun 18 Apr 2004, 11:54 am
by Tom
Scandal wrote:define psb wrote:
Tom sweetie! Agadoo was done by Black Lace I think, maybe some elderly PSB fan here can argue that! (maybe even a younger UK PSB fan can! )
The Agadoo I remember was by Black Lace!
Agadoo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree,
Agadoo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee,
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees,
Come and dance every night, sing with the hula melody. 
Agadou Dou Dou Dou -
Push the Pineapple
shake the tree.
Agadou Dou Dou Dou -
Push the Pineapple
grind coffee.
To the left - to the right
Jump up and down and to the knees
Come and dance every night
Sing with the hula melody.
I met a hot blooded Miss
Last summer in Waikiki
Where she was selling the Pine
And playing Yukulele.
And when I waved to the girl
Come on and teach me that sway
She laughed and whispered to me:
Oh yes
come tonight to the bay
The beach and the sky - the moon of Hawaii.
Around her hips a Sarong
Oh dear.....
So who covered whom?
I think Saragossa Band released their Agadou in '81, the only date I found for Black Lace is '85.
But seriously who in their right mind would cover such a song?

Ace
But nevermind, I know the 'song'.
Define, you and psb-freak have won

Dr Bombay... but I have to admit there something catchy about his 'taxi driver'