Page 1 of 2

The Madonna Thread

Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007, 11:10 am
by Radiophonic
I know a lot of Pet Shop Boys fans are followers of Madonna so I thought I'd start a general Madonna thread. All Madonna news/discussions can be entered here... Anyone that doesn't like her can avoid this thread. :)

Here to start us off is news on Madge's new album, possibly called Blackstar or XXV. One new track has been revealed - La La. I wonder if this is about Hollywood?


http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a70 ... azing.html

"Hip-hop producer Timbaland has claimed the new Madonna album he's working on sounds "amazing".

Madonna's follow up to 2005's Confessions On A Dancefloor is expected to be out in October and will feature collaborations with Justin Timberlake, Pharrell Williams and Mika.

Timbaland has written 10 tracks on the album, which is allegedly going to be called either Blackstar or XXV.

The producer told MTV: "We just did Madonna's record. Me and Justin did the records for the album. She's great, she's got a hot album. Her album is up there with Justin's last release."

Talking about his favourite track on the LP, he added: "The name of the song is 'La La'. The hook is saying all these different names for coffee. We're taking it back to, 'You must be my luck-eee starrrr!' Remember 'Ugly' by Bubba Sparxxx? It's got a beat similar to that."

Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007, 3:40 pm
by singysingysingy
I guess Mika is just a rumour!

2 other "confirmed " titles of songs are:

Candy shop (will probably change)

The beat goes on, produced by Pharell.


Can't wait for MADONNA's new album!

Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007, 6:05 pm
by Radiophonic
singysingysingy wrote:
2 other "confirmed " titles of songs are:

Candy shop (will probably change)

The beat goes on, produced by Pharell.
Sounds good. Which one will be a Pet Shop Boys Extended Remix? :wink:

Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007, 8:03 pm
by singysingysingy
Let's hope she'll work for at least 1 or 2 remixes with the Pet Shop Boys though I'd prefer an original song of MADONNA produced/co-written by them ! But maybe it wouldn't fir the rumoured style of teh album (R&B)?!?!

Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007, 8:09 pm
by Radiophonic
I see what you're saying, and I'm no R&B expert, but Bedtime Stories was supposed to be R&B (Dallas Austin, Nellie Hooper, Babyface) yet still had room for a song (and the title track yet) from Bjork who I would hardly describe as R&B.

Posted: Sat 11 Aug 2007, 10:47 pm
by Pet Shop Girl
I would enjoy this new Madonna project, the last one was perfect!

Posted: Tue 21 Aug 2007, 10:40 am
by Radiophonic
New album rumour - A Sugababes collaboration.

Posted: Wed 22 Aug 2007, 1:04 pm
by Ray
The new song, "Beat Goes On" has the following chorus:

on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes

She must really like recent PSB efforts. *not impressed*

Posted: Wed 22 Aug 2007, 2:03 pm
by Radiophonic
Madonna leaving WMG?

Madonna's PR Liz Rosenberg spoke to Foxnews.com and confirmed the rumours about a possible move from her current record label:

Madonna is considering leaving Warner Music, her career-long record label, to move to Live Nation, the venues and promotions company, in a deal valued by music industry executives at about $100 million.

The agreement being talked about involves combining the superstar’s future recordings with her proven ability to generate massive income touring.

Warner has yet to acknowledge defeat, but industry executives expect the singer to move and receive a pay-out that would be in line with the £50 million that Robbie Williams received from EMI in 2002. It would be a significant coup for the Los Angeles-based Live Nation, which is Britain's leading venue owner and promoter, running Wembley Arena and owning the Brixton Academy. Until now, Live Nation has barely been involved in the recorded music business, although the talks reflect the fact that Madonna's future earnings are likely to be dominated by touring.

Confessions, her 2006 tour, grossed an estimated $260.1 million, according to Billboard, including eight sellout dates at Wembley Arena, which grossed £11.8 million.
The agreement reflects growing industry efforts to strike new deals with artists that include access to their touring income because the future for recording sales is so bleak.

More...

Madonna is considering leaving her current label Warner Music Group (WMG) after her next two albums are released, but before any new contracts with Live Nation, WMG or any other company can be arranged, Rosenberg said, Madonna will release her forthcoming and as-yet untitled album - set to come out later this year or early next - and a greatest hits album with WMG, the label she has been with throughout her career.
'Once that’s done, Madonna is a free agent,' Rosenberg said. 'Her management is considering a move to another company.'

Posted: Wed 22 Aug 2007, 5:45 pm
by dVTB
Ray wrote:The new song, "Beat Goes On" has the following chorus:

on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes/on and on and on the beat goes

She must really like recent PSB efforts. *not impressed*
It has nothing in common with any PSB effort. Fortunately, since "Beat Goes On" is awful, bland R&B pop. Totally forgettable and passable. Is this supposed to be a single? If so, it has FLOP written all over it.

Posted: Wed 22 Aug 2007, 8:51 pm
by Radiophonic
Madonna's never had a flop so that will be a novelty.

Posted: Thu 23 Aug 2007, 9:38 am
by Ray
dVTB wrote:It has nothing in common with any PSB effort.
Oh, the songwriting quality is quite similar. See also songs with choruses "I don't know what you want but I can't give it anymore/I don't know what you want but I can't give it anymore/I don't know what you want but I can't give it anymore/I don't know what you want but I can't give it anymore" and "Home and drieeeeee/Home and drieeeieeeieee/Home and drieeeeee/Home and drieeeieeeieee".

But apart from that, I agree, the sound is nothing like PSB, the guest "raps" are truly miserable and anyway I wish she'd look at Janet and realise you don't really make it as a convincing female R&B singer past the age of 25 and with 10 non-R&B albums under your belt.

Posted: Thu 23 Aug 2007, 1:11 pm
by Pet Shop Girl
When does her new album come out?

Posted: Thu 30 Aug 2007, 9:00 am
by EricMontreal22
BEat Goes On (which I agree with most on here0 is NOT the single. I suspect the song she did with Timbaland and Timberlake which she is premiering at the VMAs will be the single

Give Me All Your Love

Posted: Fri 28 Oct 2011, 7:01 pm
by Radiophonic
Madonna has reportedly named the first single set to feature on her forthcoming 12th studio album.

The track, which is expected to feature Nicki Minaj and MIA, will be called 'Give Me All Your Love', reports fansite Madonnarama.com.

Further details of her rumoured forthcoming Super Bowl performance next year were also revealed. It is thought the singer will perform five tracks at the XLVI Halftime Show on February 5 at the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, including her new single.

Her publicist recently refused to rule out the possibility of Madonna performing at the event saying "there is nothing to confirm or deny at this time". The Black Eyed Peas headlined the event this year.

The singer has confirmed she will release her new album next spring and she said she has started work on the record with producer William Orbit and is expected to be busy in her New York studio until the end of the year.

She also confirmed that the first single for the record is due out in February or March.

http://www.nme.com/news/madonna/60062