Page 1 of 1
why havent many ppl covered PSB, atleast by real famous ones
Posted: Mon 22 Mar 2004, 8:52 am
by Shopper
sure there were East 17, that patsy kensit band, liza m's Rent which never got released....While the PSB have given their unique treatment to so many classics and most have them have been their biggest or most memorable hits!
Is it that PSB songs are considered difficult to cover (because they are complex and dance oriented) or too sophisticated to be common, if thats the right thing to say ?!
Posted: Mon 22 Mar 2004, 10:30 am
by One of the crowd
I was thinking the same thing just the other day and the answer is obvious.
You just cannot better the originals!!
Posted: Mon 22 Mar 2004, 10:33 am
by andmaste
The reason is that PSB's songs fit very well with NT voice and with PSB look & music, but aren't good with different ppl singing/playing them.
That's why there are not bands/duos similar to PSB.
And that's why they are unique with a top-level quality
Posted: Mon 22 Mar 2004, 7:54 pm
by Darkmoon
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told PSB don't aloow changes in their arrangements by just anyone without their consent.

Posted: Mon 22 Mar 2004, 9:09 pm
by bigboy
That's standard practice for composers though.
Posted: Mon 22 Mar 2004, 9:42 pm
by Satanas In Da House©
I am making a cover

Posted: Mon 22 Mar 2004, 9:44 pm
by bigboy
Satanas In Da House© wrote:I am making a cover

Hopefully it will fit over your head nice and snug

Posted: Mon 22 Mar 2004, 9:44 pm
by Hmmm

You should be Under One.
Posted: Mon 22 Mar 2004, 9:45 pm
by Hmmm

Oi you following me BB.