Page 1 of 2
Leicester & Bedford
Posted: Fri 26 Mar 2004, 4:56 pm
by bookshopboy
What are these places like? Anyone know them?
(I'm gonna be in one of the two for 2 nights next week....)
Posted: Fri 26 Mar 2004, 5:06 pm
by Scandal
I only know Leicester from seeing the Pet Shop Boys play there on the Uni Tour. It looked quite good. It has the Shire shopping centre....
Actually, come to think of it, I have been there before. It is coming back to me now. I once passed out in the toliets of the 'Asylum' Nightclub at Leicester University's Students' Union. I also once danced all night at the Dielectric Club when rave was fashionable. And I saw Erasure in concert there with Your Funny Uncle and a couple of other Pet Shop Boys fans back in 1996. So all in all, I have always found Leicester a fun place to be.

Posted: Fri 26 Mar 2004, 5:13 pm
by gareth
Bedford's just up the road from me - nothing to write home about from what I can remember.
Posted: Fri 26 Mar 2004, 8:39 pm
by LittleBummerBoy
Bedford is an utter shithole. I used to live 20 mins away from there.
Leicester is marginally better. You can probably get a good curry there. Best ask TechnoTurban as he lives there.
Posted: Fri 26 Mar 2004, 8:51 pm
by Native
Was just about to say you'll get a fantastic curry in Bradford, then I realised............
Posted: Fri 26 Mar 2004, 10:38 pm
by neiljulieus
i like a nice curry. ad a nice one in chapletown when i was in leeds last weekend. too far gone to remember which it was or what the curry was like, but i do know it was a madras

Posted: Fri 26 Mar 2004, 10:39 pm
by Your Funny Uncle
Native wrote:Was just about to say you'll get a fantastic curry in Bradford, then I realised............
LOL! Me too! But then you'd probably find a decent one in Leicester, too...
Posted: Fri 26 Mar 2004, 10:44 pm
by One of the crowd
LittleBummerBoy wrote:Bedford is an utter shithole.
Couldnt have put it better myself. Its a dump!
Posted: Fri 26 Mar 2004, 11:06 pm
by define psb
LBB scribbled:
Leicester is marginally better. You can probably get a good curry there. Best ask TechnoTurban as he lives there.
Well, I do know that Technical Turbo Trance is ALWAYS saying that he is having a Chinaman for supper...... I guess he means a Chinese Food Take-away.!!! ( What ever happened to The Champion in Notting Hill? --- that was a well known Chinese takeaway!

)
Posted: Sat 27 Mar 2004, 3:56 pm
by Technotrancemix
I'm off to Leicester now to buy the anastacia CD

Posted: Sat 27 Mar 2004, 8:22 pm
by neiljulieus
technotrancemix wrote:I'm off to Leicester now to buy the anastacia CD

you needn't bother - it'll be crap

Posted: Sat 27 Mar 2004, 8:49 pm
by Technotrancemix
neiljulieus wrote:you needn't bother - it'll be crap

Were you one of the wise persons who bought it then?

Posted: Sat 27 Mar 2004, 9:12 pm
by Hmmm

Leicester is ok my sister used to run a pub there. There was a couple of good secondhand record shops there.And my better Half and son went to Leicester for the Pet Shop Boys Uni Tour. As i was unwell and could not go i did hear bits as she kept ringing up.The Nightlife is fair.
Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2004, 10:53 am
by bookshopboy
It's gonna be Leicester.
Posted: Sun 28 Mar 2004, 4:52 pm
by Technotrancemix
bookshopboy wrote:It's gonna be Leicester.
What ya doing in Leicester anyhow?