Page 1 of 1
Hearing Protection for Concerts?
Posted: Wed 30 Oct 2019, 12:51 am
by PoppyAOK
Hey, just wanna ask you guys if you've tried using these custom filtered earplugs from
Big Ear? I was just curious about them and I wanna know first if they're good before I give them a call. Anyway, if you haven't can you recommend something that is also custom made. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH5t__iUcHI&t=2s
Re: Hearing Protection for Concerts?
Posted: Wed 30 Oct 2019, 5:30 pm
by rashomon
not gone for custom fit ones but my wife and I have used these with great success:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
made a massive difference - could hear the concert loud and clear and no thumping headache on the way home.
Re: Hearing Protection for Concerts?
Posted: Wed 30 Oct 2019, 7:36 pm
by Debussy
I've used custom ACS for years when in clubs and gigs. They're fantastic. Not cheap but great protection.
https://www.acscustom.com/uk/products/h ... protection
Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
Re: Hearing Protection for Concerts?
Posted: Thu 31 Oct 2019, 9:05 am
by Sage
I've already wrecked my hearing from punk concerts.
When I saw Human League the other year I felt the volume was a bit low.
If you haven't really been to concerts it might be a good idea to use hearing protection.
As for which, I can't give a recommendation.
This isn't a PSB discussion, however.
Re: Hearing Protection for Concerts?
Posted: Fri 01 Nov 2019, 1:47 pm
by Marie loves PSB
I don't blame you all for finding some sort of ear protection for concerts! My Mum and I both suffer from Tinnitus and it drives us both mad. (The Tinnitus we have is not from loud music - it's illness in our case). Loud music can certainly cause it though. Please look after your ears when you go to concerts etc.

Re: Hearing Protection for Concerts?
Posted: Sun 19 Jan 2020, 4:47 am
by Oznerol
Marie loves PSB wrote: Fri 01 Nov 2019, 1:47 pm
I don't blame you all for finding some sort of ear protection for concerts! My Mum and I both suffer from Tinnitus and it drives us both mad. (The Tinnitus we have is not from loud music - it's illness in our case). Loud music can certainly cause it though. Please look after your ears when you go to concerts etc.
Hi, here anothere Tinnitus suffering pethead! I can´t be sure if it was because of high volume music, because I never was a person who uses insane volumes, and it stardted randomly one day, four years ago, but I always used headphones...so maybe that didn´t help. Please protect your ears!!!...If only I could turn back time....

Re: Hearing Protection for Concerts?
Posted: Thu 23 Jan 2020, 4:00 pm
by Marie loves PSB
Sorry, I forgot to look for this post. Sorry, to hear you have got it as well Oznerol.
https://www.tinnitus.org.uk maybe able to help/advise you.
Still all please be careful with your headphones! When my Tinnitus gets bad I say to myself it is just "tiredness". Otherwise it will just drive you round the twist.