Page 1 of 1

Posted: Fri 14 May 2004, 10:17 am
by Avalon
Which reminds me... What are a-ha up to nowadays?

a-ha sign new worldwide deal with Universal Records

After 20 fine years signed to Warner Brothers Records, a-ha have signed a brand new, worldwide, three album deal with Universal Records.

“The multi-million Euro deal represents a natural development in a-ha’s recording career,” says Manager Brian Lane. “Universal are arguably the most successful record company in the world at a time when the recording industry is going through major difficulties.”

The deal was signed through Polydor in Germany, a-ha also intend to work closely with Petter Singsaas and all his staff at Universal Norway who will be handling the Scandinavian market.

Universal International are looking to fully exploit a-ha’s latent potential in markets such as the USA and the United Kingdom. In connection therewith, following the release of the first studio album, a-ha intend to undertake a comprehensive global tour, incorporating Europe, the USA, South America and the Far East.

The only two personal appearances in concert by a-ha this year will be:
June 4 in Bergen, and
June 12 at Rock under the Bridge Festival, Denmark,
after which the creative process for the album will begin.



2004-05-07

Posted: Fri 14 May 2004, 2:22 pm
by Your Funny Uncle
Avalon wrote:Which reminds me... What are a-ha up to nowadays?

a-ha sign new worldwide deal with Universal Records

After 20 fine years signed to Warner Brothers Records, a-ha have signed a brand new, worldwide, three album deal with Universal Records.

“The multi-million Euro deal represents a natural development in a-ha’s recording career,” says Manager Brian Lane. “Universal are arguably the most successful record company in the world at a time when the recording industry is going through major difficulties.”

The deal was signed through Polydor in Germany, a-ha also intend to work closely with Petter Singsaas and all his staff at Universal Norway who will be handling the Scandinavian market.

Universal International are looking to fully exploit a-ha’s latent potential in markets such as the USA and the United Kingdom. In connection therewith, following the release of the first studio album, a-ha intend to undertake a comprehensive global tour, incorporating Europe, the USA, South America and the Far East.

The only two personal appearances in concert by a-ha this year will be:
June 4 in Bergen, and
June 12 at Rock under the Bridge Festival, Denmark,
after which the creative process for the album will begin.



2004-05-07
Oh good. I'll be looking forward to that. I liked Minor Earth|Major Sky and I loved lifelines. It's good to see PSB aren't he only alllegedly "80's" group still capable of producing good material.

Posted: Fri 14 May 2004, 7:38 pm
by mindboy
One of my favourite bands as well, esp. since 2000. :wink:

Posted: Fri 14 May 2004, 8:12 pm
by electroshocked
mindboy wrote:One of my favourite bands as well, esp. since 2000. :wink:
Yup, they've become one of my faves, too :wink:

Posted: Sat 15 May 2004, 12:23 am
by Scandal
A-Ha were my favourite band before I became an avid Pet Shop Boys fan.

Posted: Sat 15 May 2004, 11:31 am
by Your Funny Uncle
Have you heard their last two albums, Amanda? If not I'd recommend you get tem, especially as you like Keane so much...

Posted: Sat 15 May 2004, 12:12 pm
by Avalon
Your Funny Uncle wrote:Have you heard their last two albums, Amanda? If not I'd recommend you get tem, especially as you like Keane so much...
So Keane's like Minor Earth and Lifelines then? :| Lovely music, but not worth to shoot straight to #1...

Posted: Sat 15 May 2004, 9:56 pm
by Your Funny Uncle
Avalon wrote:
Your Funny Uncle wrote:Have you heard their last two albums, Amanda? If not I'd recommend you get tem, especially as you like Keane so much...
So Keane's like Minor Earth and Lifelines then? :| Lovely music, but not worth to shoot straight to #1...
Well certainly some of the tracks remind me a lot of those albums...

Posted: Sat 15 May 2004, 11:20 pm
by StevePSB
I lost track of A-ha about the time of 'Headlines and Deadlines' although they were one of my very favourite groups of the 80's.

Still got their first album on vinyl and their second (sorry, can't remember their names! :o ) on cassette somewhere!


StevePSB

Posted: Sat 15 May 2004, 11:37 pm
by Hmmm
8) I still like that Video that changes from a Cartoon to Real Life :?: can't think what it was called and it was a No 1 help :!: .

Posted: Sun 16 May 2004, 7:01 am
by DJAMIX
StevePSB wrote:I lost track of A-ha about the time of 'Headlines and Deadlines' although they were one of my very favourite groups of the 80's.

Still got their first album on vinyl and their second (sorry, can't remember their names! :o ) on cassette somewhere!


StevePSB
First album: Hunting high and low
Second album: Scoudrel days

And I lost track of A-ha by the time of Headlines and guidlines as well... :roll:

Posted: Sun 16 May 2004, 7:02 am
by DJAMIX
Hmmm wrote:8) I still like that Video that changes from a Cartoon to Real Life :?: can't think what it was called and it was a No 1 help :!: .
It was "Take on me" Video. One of the best videos ever made by the 80's.

Posted: Sun 16 May 2004, 8:01 am
by Your Funny Uncle
They didn't release anything from 1993 to 2000, so I guess you can be forgiven for loosing track. Their new stuff is much less poppy and hi-nrg than the stuff that made them famous, but I really like it. :)

Posted: Mon 17 May 2004, 1:09 am
by Scandal
Your Funny Uncle wrote:Have you heard their last two albums, Amanda? If not I'd recommend you get tem, especially as you like Keane so much...
No, I haven't heard their last two albums. Thanks for the tip, YFU! :D

Posted: Mon 17 May 2004, 9:42 am
by profile790
///