Page 1 of 1

WHITE LINES: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Fri 15 May 2020, 3:22 pm
by Nickname
I am watching this series today and I remember Chris Lowe talking about Ibiza, how much he enjoys there when he goes and about the experience of listening West End Girls on the radio for the very first time being there.

So I think he'd love this:

- Because a Spanish and British production
- Because it's really fun
- Because it was shot in Ibiza, a place he loves
- Because it's full of good electronic music

Having so many time to be at home I think it's a good recomendation for all of you. Even for PSB too.

White Lines Soundtrack:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7qoO6 ... NNRsQn3Nre#_=_

White Lines trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj7uyeaJjFQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OUIfcNX2qw

From Álex Pina, the creator of La Casa de Papel (Money Heist), and the producers of The Crown.

Re: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Fri 15 May 2020, 4:13 pm
by Future Lover
Moronic title, plus only barely related to PSB and should be moved... but I gotta say, I will be watching this.

Re: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Fri 15 May 2020, 11:10 pm
by retrofuturist
New forum sport: What's the most tenuous Pet Shop Boys connection that we can apply to an irrelevant topic, in order to prevent it from being moved to Off Topic?

Re: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Sat 16 May 2020, 1:24 am
by Nickname
Well, you can move the topic to a NON-PSB section. I consider is fair. I wanted to recommend the show because I think is a show Chris could like it.

I was reading an article about the series and I found a word that sounds very familiar at the end of the second line:

"The setting is perfect for that, because Spanish and English people have been grinding against one another in Ibiza for decades (in more ways than one). White Lines, while about murder and cocaine (as the title suggests), also probes the house music scene and the English invasion of the Balearic Islands in the 1990s, what Pina refers to as the “golden age” of Ibiza as a cultural hotspot".

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/a ... 1589537397

Re: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Sat 16 May 2020, 6:13 am
by Patrick Bateman
retrofuturist wrote: Fri 15 May 2020, 11:10 pm New forum sport: What's the most tenuous Pet Shop Boys connection that we can apply to an irrelevant topic, in order to prevent it from being moved to Off Topic?
I think Neil Tennant would love this cereal

Re: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Sat 16 May 2020, 9:12 am
by minimal
So, what series is she talking about? There is no title in the headline nor in the description.

This is how it should be done:

- headline: "X": A series Chris Lowe might like
- text: So lately I've been watching "X" ...

m+

Re: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Sat 16 May 2020, 10:45 am
by stopthecar
Nickname is a she???

Re: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Sat 16 May 2020, 12:14 pm
by Nickname
minimal wrote: Sat 16 May 2020, 9:12 am So, what series is she talking about? There is no title in the headline nor in the description.

This is how it should be done:

- headline: "X": A series Chris Lowe might like
- text: So lately I've been watching "X" ...

m+
White Lines.

I put two trailers and the soundtrack.

Re: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Sat 16 May 2020, 5:02 pm
by Pod
stopthecar wrote: Sat 16 May 2020, 10:45 am Nickname is a she??? Image
:shock:

Re: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Sat 16 May 2020, 6:59 pm
by Nickname
Pod wrote: Sat 16 May 2020, 5:02 pm
stopthecar wrote: Sat 16 May 2020, 10:45 am Nickname is a she??? Image
:shock:
I'm a man.

Re: WHITE LINES: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Tue 19 May 2020, 12:53 pm
by Nickname
White Lines is Number 1 in UK. The most watched series on digital.

Re: WHITE LINES: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Tue 26 May 2020, 7:25 pm
by Nickname
#petshopboys #80s #OnThisDay @petshopboys
they are on #Ibiza #Eivissa #Spain 26 May 2016
https://twitter.com/Lowetennant/status/ ... 31/photo/1

Re: WHITE LINES: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Tue 26 May 2020, 9:07 pm
by Future Lover
Watched the whole thing... it was pretty terrible in the end.

Re: WHITE LINES: I think Chris Lowe would love this series

Posted: Sat 27 Jun 2020, 3:22 pm
by Nickname
Future Lover wrote: Tue 26 May 2020, 9:07 pm Watched the whole thing... it was pretty terrible in the end.
It depends on you taste but most of people love it.

It's not obviously the masterpice La Casa de Papel (Money Heist), the most watched show of Netflix history right now.