Page 1 of 2

Favourite Shep Pettibone Remixes

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 6:41 am
by Paulo
While voting for Dusty's best PSB produced track I was reminded on how I used to love Shep's remix of In Private.

I'd love to hear everyone's fav Shep mix.

A couple that come to my mind are:

Thompson Twins - In the Name of Love '88
Thompson Twins - Sugar Daddy
Madonna - Deeper and Deeper

edit - I'm talking about non PSB stuff here.

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 6:46 am
by Steve Fett
Bananarama "Preacher Man"
Five Star "The Slightest Touch"
Madonna "Rescue Me" and "Vogue"
Janet Jackson "The Pleasure Principle"
George Michael "Hard Day"

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 10:06 am
by raggatwin
Love Comes Quickly is by far his best remix, followed by the disco mix of What have I.......


Whatever happened to him? Fell out of fashion probably.....

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 12:34 pm
by Avalon
raggatwin wrote:Whatever happened to him? Fell out of fashion probably.....
Or just grew fat, even more likely

As far as I'm aware, my fave non-PSB track mix is Bizarre love triangle

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 2:25 pm
by Oznerol
.PSB - What Have I Done (the one called 'The Shep Pettibone Remix', not the Disco mix...)
.New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle (helped by the edits of The Latin Rascals, the best remix-combination of all times!)
.Elton John - I Don´t Wanna Go On With You Like That
.PSB - Love Comes Quicly
.Wang Chung - Let´s Go!
.Madonna - Into The Groove
.Information Society - Walking Away
.Cyndi Lauper - Change Of Heart

...this are the ones that comes to my mind as the bests, but I use to be a Shep fan many years ago, and tried to collect all his mixes, so for sure I´m missing a lot of good ones right now...

PCL

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 2:34 pm
by One of the crowd
Look here:

http://www.radiomixshows.de/shep/1shepuebersicht.htm

and here (it appears he works at this club venue)

http://www.paradisenj.com/index-s.htm

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 8:36 pm
by Flaffer
Avalon wrote:
raggatwin wrote:Whatever happened to him? Fell out of fashion probably.....
Or just grew fat, even more likely

As far as I'm aware, my fave non-PSB track mix is Bizarre love triangle
I think he runs a hotel somewhere

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 9:51 pm
by Ewok
New Order - True faith
PSB - What have I done to deserve this?
Madonna - Deeper and deeper

Posted: Fri 04 Jun 2004, 12:52 am
by CBA
Madonna - Into the groove

The piano solo is fantastic, although it wasn't him who played it, was it?

Posted: Fri 04 Jun 2004, 5:08 am
by DJAMIX
1. PSB - What have I done to deserve this
2. New Order - True Faith
3. Dusty Springfield - In private
4. Madonna - Into the groove (Shep made a fantastic edited version for DMC called "Into the test")
5. PSB - Always on my mind (Shep's Holiday mix)
6. New Order - Bizarre love triangle
7. Paul Lakakis - You blow me away (I love this one!!!) :D

Couple years I go, I talked to Memê Mansur (man behind Retrospective Mixes and other fantastic remixes) and he told me Shep got dissapointed with music itself and started a real estate business. Anyway music would be just a hobby for him (behind the courtains) after that.

I started a topic a long time ago about what happened with him, but we couldn't go that far... :roll:

Posted: Fri 04 Jun 2004, 7:38 am
by Ronald42
Dusty Springfield - In private
Madonna - Into the groove
George Michael - Hard day
Five Star - The slightest touch

As already mentioned but I like to add

Level 42 - Lessons in love
Phil Collins - Hang in long enough
Fox the fox - Precious little diamond
Debbie Gibson - Electric Youth (House mix)
Janet Jackson - Miss you much (House mix)
Madonna - Express your self (Shep's 'spressin' himself re-remix)
Depeche mode - Behind the wheel
Technotronic - Techno medley

Posted: Fri 04 Jun 2004, 9:27 am
by Deschanel
He's neither fat nor out of it- he did Tatu's record for a few million bucks 2 years ago..

For some reason i associate him with Introspective, tho I know he did only 1 or 2 there..

i met someone who knows him recently! of course I'd like to find out more , PSB wise. I'll share any gossip.. :)

Posted: Fri 04 Jun 2004, 2:01 pm
by Oznerol
Excellent site!!!!!!! thanks for the link Bowesy!!!!!!!
Ronald42 wrote:
As already mentioned but I like to add

Level 42 - Lessons in love
How could I forgot this one!!! One of his bests for sure!!

PCL

Posted: Fri 04 Jun 2004, 3:05 pm
by Desire
the Like a Prayer mixes...


especially Instra Dub and Bass Dub!


Classic....

Posted: Fri 04 Jun 2004, 6:35 pm
by Ronald42
Desire wrote:the Like a Prayer mixes...


especially Instra Dub and Bass Dub!


Classic....
I like the version on The Immaculate collection best. But yes a very good one indeed.

Ronald