Page 1 of 1

Silvio Berlusconi

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 8:53 am
by andmaste
Honestly, what do you think about our italian ...ehm... political leader?
Absurd?
Too rich?
Snob?
Fascist?

Pleae let me know

Re: Silvio Berlusconi

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 8:55 am
by GalataPSB
Fascist + imperialist

strong on Seria A + Media..

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 8:56 am
by Your Funny Uncle
I don't know much about him, but what I know of him worries me. No one should control the media and the state.

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 9:27 am
by GalataPSB
Your Funny Uncle wrote:No one should control the media and the state.
I think,It is the same in all country..
For example,BBC, in Iraq war.!!!

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 6:22 pm
by Lethe
Nice face-lift.

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 7:19 pm
by Bulldog
He's a mediocre populist, very able at cashing in through the fact that in Italy any kind of stuff including the word "culture" is considered very much a synonymous of "intellectual boring paranoia". He's certainly contributed to that.

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 8:35 pm
by Butters
I am not Italian, though I love Italy. He is probably not the brightest tool in the shed, but to Italy, where governments used to share the longevity of a bottle of milk, he has proven to hang on for quite a bit. Why is that? Is it his influence over media?

Posted: Thu 03 Jun 2004, 8:35 pm
by Flaffer
Galata_Turco wrote:
Your Funny Uncle wrote:No one should control the media and the state.
I think,It is the same in all country..
For example,BBC, in Iraq war.!!!
the BBC actually got in trouble over its coverage of various aspects leading up to the War, in particular its questioning of the Government. An independent media is crucial for a succesful democracy - the situation in the states seems worrying with the Republican 'chummy with the Bushes' Clear Channel taking over so many stations - wasn't it the case that the Dixie Chicks records got banned on all the Clear Channel stations following their anti Bush comments - I may be wrong on this point so if anyone could clarify- thanks

Posted: Fri 04 Jun 2004, 1:53 pm
by heidi
Butters wrote:I am not Italian, though I love Italy. He is probably not the brightest tool in the shed, but to Italy, where governments used to share the longevity of a bottle of milk, he has proven to hang on for quite a bit. Why is that? Is it his influence over media?
He's well-covered in Parliament: 61 deputies of Forza Italia, alone, were elected in Sicily. This might explain the longevity of his government.

I won't go deeper into the reasons behind all this, it'd take two topics.

Posted: Sun 06 Jun 2004, 5:38 am
by Desire
Mmmm I thought Silvio was sexy some years ago...... 8) :lol:

Posted: Sun 06 Jun 2004, 6:10 am
by Luna Noctis
Isn't he the right-winged version of Stalin ? :wink: :? :evil:

Re: Silvio Berlusconi

Posted: Sun 06 Jun 2004, 4:38 pm
by GalataPSB
andmaste wrote:Honestly, what do you think about our italian ...ehm... political leader?
Absurd?
Too rich?
Snob?
Fascist?

Pleae let me know
Do you support him???What do u think about him??? :?:

Re: Silvio Berlusconi

Posted: Mon 07 Jun 2004, 8:44 am
by andmaste
Galata_Turco wrote:
andmaste wrote:Honestly, what do you think about our italian ...ehm... political leader?
Absurd?
Too rich?
Snob?
Fascist?

Pleae let me know
Do you support him???What do u think about him??? :?:
I don't support him at all. I think he has too many private interests, and he couldn't be in politics.