Page 1 of 1
Saint Etienne - International
Posted: Sat 06 Sep 2025, 2:40 pm
by rashomon
Final album and it’s a great one based on early listens …
Love Glad, Dancing Heart and Two Lovers especially. The latter track is probably the highlight
Hoping to see em live next year
Re: Saint Etienne - International
Posted: Thu 11 Sep 2025, 10:49 pm
by trafaelwyr
Definitely a great album! They're going out on a high with this one.
Re: Saint Etienne - International
Posted: Mon 29 Sep 2025, 1:46 pm
by domino
I really enjoy Brand New Me with ConMen. The music video aesthetics are quite fitting as well.

Re: Saint Etienne - International
Posted: Thu 02 Oct 2025, 9:35 am
by Synthrobot
Great album. Basically what we always wanted from Saint Etienne, all dance, no piano ballads

Re: Saint Etienne - International
Posted: Thu 02 Oct 2025, 1:39 pm
by markus
All their last three albums have been really pleasent. I can't believe how underrated this band is when looking at their back catalogue. They deserve their own Running up that hill moment at some point.
Re: Saint Etienne - International
Posted: Wed 08 Oct 2025, 5:44 pm
by Shopper
Just finished listening to International and had a gulp in my throat after the final track "The last time" Exquisite
Apart from the obvious hits, Words and Music followed by Home Counties, were such a high points of me being a fan. Words and Music is one of the best albums ever IMO
I've been trying to tell you and The night was back to their cinematic, contemplative, indie style, which kinda disappointed me a little, since I love their more uptempo style.
But International is a fine return to form, with a great mix of dance and indie. Such a glorious career, but criminally underated. I think they seem quite content with way things went?
Thank you for the music St. Etienne

Re: Saint Etienne - International
Posted: Tue 02 Jun 2026, 4:24 pm
by rashomon
Got this from the latest Saint Etienne fan group email:
"We’re excited to be playing with the Pet Shop Boys in Athens, plus three dates with Belle and Sebastian across the summer as well as Latitude and Wilderness festivals. Check for dates in Norway and Spain too."
I'll be seeing Saint Etienne in Sep but this would be a nice double bill for those that can make it
Re: Saint Etienne - International
Posted: Tue 02 Jun 2026, 11:25 pm
by retrofuturist
Greetings,
The Night did nothing for me so this album is a welcome comeback.
I think my favourite track from the album is He's Gone.
They have also announced an Aussie tour in November, and I intend to catch them on the Melbourne leg of it. It will be the first time I've been to a music concert in the longest time... first time this decade if memory serves me correctly.
Retro.

Re: Saint Etienne - International
Posted: Sun 07 Jun 2026, 8:23 am
by domino
I'm still hoping they'll play a few farewell Europe shows in early 2027.
Re: Saint Etienne - International
Posted: Fri 26 Jun 2026, 11:47 am
by G_Goalden
They were on excellent form supporting Belle & Sebastian last week at the Piece Hall in Halifax.
Not sure I've seen a support band draw such a big crowd and win the majority of them over.
I too have tickets for September - and I'm very much looking forward to it.
G.
Re: Saint Etienne - International
Posted: Fri 26 Jun 2026, 9:18 pm
by Pinhead44
Am seeing them for the first (and last) time in Brighton in Sep, and really looking forward to it.
International is a really strong album, and Who Do You Think You Are is one of my all time favourite songs.