Your favourite horror film
- amhilde
- Posts: 830
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:40 pm
- Contact:
- Glenny4
- Posts: 9798
- Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 6:12 pm
- Contact:
amhilde wrote:I FORGOT ABOUT THE FOG!!! Oh that one is a CLASSIC! Who knew air could be so scary! I havent seen that one in years...
He's made some really classic films over the years John Carpenter got to be up there has one of the best with a list like this.
Halloween
The Fog
The Thing
Assault on Precinct 13
Prince of Darkness
They Live
Big Trouble in Little China
In the Mouth of Madness
Escape from New York
Christine
Starman
Dark Star
And he does all the great theme music for his films as well.
- amhilde
- Posts: 830
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:40 pm
- Contact:
Not into horror as such, more thrillers, but here are a couple I have in my DVD collection that spring to mind:
28 Days later (top, top film)
Shallow Grave
I don't watch as many films as most people as I am not much of a fan of American films and TV (although there are exceptions!). I do like English/British films so it limits the choice somewhat.
StevePSB
28 Days later (top, top film)
Shallow Grave
I don't watch as many films as most people as I am not much of a fan of American films and TV (although there are exceptions!). I do like English/British films so it limits the choice somewhat.
StevePSB
-
define psb
You know what i miss! All thse old B&W 'American B movies'
Giant Ants, Bugs as big as Empire State building--- alot of them had Dana Sock whoops I mean Dana Andrews in them too!
They came from outer space, the body snatchers----and one Film I cannot remember the title of. But it had the two guys who were in Voyage to Bottom of the sea, the Admiral and the Captain. The plot was that some creatures from outer space had landed --- they turned out to look a bit like the hatchling creature in 'Alien' films.
I guess only those of you over a certain age will know the films I mean
Giant Ants, Bugs as big as Empire State building--- alot of them had Dana Sock whoops I mean Dana Andrews in them too!
They came from outer space, the body snatchers----and one Film I cannot remember the title of. But it had the two guys who were in Voyage to Bottom of the sea, the Admiral and the Captain. The plot was that some creatures from outer space had landed --- they turned out to look a bit like the hatchling creature in 'Alien' films.
I guess only those of you over a certain age will know the films I mean
-
Scandal
Shallow Grave is a good film. I saw it on TV a couple of months ago. I cannot now believe that before then I had always thought it was a comedy!StevePSB wrote:Not into horror as such, more thrillers, but here are a couple I have in my DVD collection that spring to mind:
28 Days later (top, top film)
Shallow Grave
StevePSB
- Glenny4
- Posts: 9798
- Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 6:12 pm
- Contact:
I think the remakes of The Thing & The Blob where better than the origanls same with The Fly i like the remake much better i must like all the gore in the remakesamhilde wrote:yes, but the original Thing was the best. Like the original Blob
But then again you can't touch the originals of Invasion of the Body Snatchers & King Kong
- Markpro
- Posts: 686
- Joined: Sat 20 Mar 2004, 4:53 am
- tweety
- Posts: 1051
- Joined: Tue 30 Mar 2004, 1:35 pm
the original ring is crap. or maybe i just don't get the japanese. not scary at all!Markpro wrote:28 days later id a cracker, so is the ring has anyone seen the japanese version ( the original ) it meant ot be fantastic.
Salem's Lot scared me to death when i seen it alone as a 10 year old.
and Hallo'ween as well.
- Dreamcatcher2003
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Wed 17 Dec 2003, 6:45 pm
- Contact:
How come doesn't Alien appear on any list here? Along with Helloween, it is a milestone in the history of horror movies.
As for Kubrick's Shining, leave that aside and go for the one King shot for TV. Much loyal to the book, more horrorful and avoids any pompous, overblown self-references Kubrick loves so much.
As for Kubrick's Shining, leave that aside and go for the one King shot for TV. Much loyal to the book, more horrorful and avoids any pompous, overblown self-references Kubrick loves so much.
The CELL by Stephen King instantly hit number 1 in New York Times Bookseller Lists selling well over 200 thousand copies in three weeks. This affirms my opinion: People really need an occassional good horror read...
- Markpro
- Posts: 686
- Joined: Sat 20 Mar 2004, 4:53 am
Yes Yes Yes
I Had Forgotten about Alien, The ending where Ripley is on her own in the escape craft is terrifying.
I remember the Thing as well that was pretty scary , I have the Fog on DVD but when i watched it recently it just didn't seem as scary to me as before
I Had Forgotten about Alien, The ending where Ripley is on her own in the escape craft is terrifying.
I remember the Thing as well that was pretty scary , I have the Fog on DVD but when i watched it recently it just didn't seem as scary to me as before
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.
- Dreamcatcher2003
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Wed 17 Dec 2003, 6:45 pm
- Contact:
Maybe it is not the usual or proper horror film we are talking about but Brian De Palma's Carrie is brilliant. It is one of the magical moments of both him and that precious master, Stephen King. As usual he plays on rather true psychological horror that human beings do each other.
And any horror movie starring Jamie Lee Curtis is always good; she even saved the last silly Halloween part from being a total flop when she graced there even only for a few seconds.
By the way, I notice that no one considers Jaws a horror film...though it actually is.
And any horror movie starring Jamie Lee Curtis is always good; she even saved the last silly Halloween part from being a total flop when she graced there even only for a few seconds.
By the way, I notice that no one considers Jaws a horror film...though it actually is.
The CELL by Stephen King instantly hit number 1 in New York Times Bookseller Lists selling well over 200 thousand copies in three weeks. This affirms my opinion: People really need an occassional good horror read...
- Dreamcatcher2003
- Posts: 798
- Joined: Wed 17 Dec 2003, 6:45 pm
- Contact:
- nightporter
- Posts: 849
- Joined: Wed 07 Apr 2004, 11:22 am