Anyone been to see them on their current tour?
Saw them last night (for the umpteenth time) and thought they were better than ever - on top of their game. Sounded great with an excellent set list and superb projections and lighting.
Cast in Steel (the album) is rather good too.
A-Ha
- gareth
- Posts: 1121
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:19 pm
- Contact:
Re: A-Ha
i was there last night too and very much enjoyed myself.
Apart from volume issues (bass too loud and vocals not prominent enough) that were down to the mixing, not the band, I thought they were excellent again. They're distilled to the point of near live perfection now.
The usual two backing musicians are as good as part of the band now and as usual, both were superb. The extra guitarist also helped. Not so sure on the lady backing singer. She spent most of the show doing a 'Bez' by dancing about and not doing much else. The singing she did was good though.
I agree - the lighting was excellent and the imagery and screens very good too.
The setlist, well, I'd have loved to have heard 'Summer moved on' and 'Analogue' instead of one or two of the earlier tracks.
I preferred the last album to this one. I loved the 'back to the roots' electronic sound of it.
I was VERY disappointed to have bought the 'programme', which is basically a very overpriced photo magazine. I was shocked to see zero written content. So much could have been said.
StevePSB
Apart from volume issues (bass too loud and vocals not prominent enough) that were down to the mixing, not the band, I thought they were excellent again. They're distilled to the point of near live perfection now.
The usual two backing musicians are as good as part of the band now and as usual, both were superb. The extra guitarist also helped. Not so sure on the lady backing singer. She spent most of the show doing a 'Bez' by dancing about and not doing much else. The singing she did was good though.
I agree - the lighting was excellent and the imagery and screens very good too.
The setlist, well, I'd have loved to have heard 'Summer moved on' and 'Analogue' instead of one or two of the earlier tracks.
I preferred the last album to this one. I loved the 'back to the roots' electronic sound of it.
I was VERY disappointed to have bought the 'programme', which is basically a very overpriced photo magazine. I was shocked to see zero written content. So much could have been said.
StevePSB