A disaster, why use up 3 discs of singles and 2 discs of Vinces and Andys favorites? Anyone intrested to spend 85 quid on this box obviously already have the albums. If they had skipped those discs, included all the b sides (not just selected) and the price tag was reduced by 30 quid I would have bought it.tottenhammattspurs wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on the £85 13 disc box set? I was interested but apart from the demos on the rare disc, there's not much I don't already have.
Erasure at 30
- dynamobjornen
- Posts: 652
- Joined: Fri 10 May 2013, 7:27 am
- Contact:
Re: Erasure at 30
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".
- Danger
- Posts: 1789
- Joined: Thu 10 Aug 2006, 5:30 pm
Re: Erasure at 30
I will not buy this expensive and useless boxset: I'd be interested only in the Wild DVD, the demos and the remixes, just 3 disc on 13...
- JSDOUVRES
- Posts: 2813
- Joined: Fri 05 Dec 2003, 1:31 pm
Re: Erasure at 30
I have bought this boxset as well as a signed print, I agree that it is too expensive and that it doesn't include enough exclusive tracks, don't really understand the need for the singles cd's and like many people I believe that a full set of b-sides would have been better.
There is a fan made collection called "Until the Twelth of Never", full or rare and unreleased mixes and such, so many tracks could have been used from that and it's a shame they weren't really.
I'm quite lucky in that I have enough disposable income and as a completist buy most things (not all merchandise though) but for someothers it is not the case and a bit disappointing really.
Looking forward to the new remixes though!
There is a fan made collection called "Until the Twelth of Never", full or rare and unreleased mixes and such, so many tracks could have been used from that and it's a shame they weren't really.
I'm quite lucky in that I have enough disposable income and as a completist buy most things (not all merchandise though) but for someothers it is not the case and a bit disappointing really.
Looking forward to the new remixes though!
- Undertaker
- Posts: 8984
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 8:16 pm
Re: Erasure at 30
I dont think its over-priced for what it is but the problem is, everyone has all of it already....more or less.
Looking at the tracklists, am i right in seeing that there are three tracks there that are on repeated on two different discs?
Looking at the tracklists, am i right in seeing that there are three tracks there that are on repeated on two different discs?
- Danger
- Posts: 1789
- Joined: Thu 10 Aug 2006, 5:30 pm
Re: Erasure at 30
I think you can find 3 times Boy, if I'm not wrong in this boxset. I'm agree with you: it's overpriced only for its poor (of rarities) contents. With a CD or DVD for Cowboy Tour, Other People's Tour and footage from Mute Festival 2011 (filmed but never released) and Dublin gig of Total Pop tour could be really interesting.Undertaker wrote:I dont think its over-priced for what it is but the problem is, everyone has all of it already....more or less.
Looking at the tracklists, am i right in seeing that there are three tracks there that are on repeated on two different discs?
- tottenhammattspurs
- Posts: 4737
- Joined: Sat 04 Nov 2006, 5:17 pm
Re: Erasure at 30
add to that the Milton Keynes Wild Party! gig. Fantastic day out. Filmed but only broadcast on Radio 1
is is and isnt isnt
- Patrick Bateman
- Posts: 9989
- Joined: Sat 12 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Erasure at 30
PSB have released Discography, PopArt, and Ultimate.JSDOUVRES wrote:PSb have released quite a few compilations themselves including imports, 6 in total: Discography, Essential, PopArt, Party, Story, Ultimate and Erasure also 6 with Pop, The Hits, Total Pop (Including Pop 2), Essential, 10 Great Songs and Always. This is also not taking into consideration cd single compilations (Erasure), B-side compilations (PSB) or remix compilation albums (PSB Disco series). All in all not much difference between each group it has to be said.
Erasure have released Pop!, Hits!, Total Pop!, Essential, and Always.
That's 66.6% more than PSB.
- Undertaker
- Posts: 8984
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 8:16 pm
Re: Erasure at 30
They also released some budget cd of GH that were sold in garages and service stations iirc. Also, Total Pop was released on two seperate cd's as well as the double. They've banged them out.Patrick Bateman wrote:PSB have released Discography, PopArt, and Ultimate.JSDOUVRES wrote:PSb have released quite a few compilations themselves including imports, 6 in total: Discography, Essential, PopArt, Party, Story, Ultimate and Erasure also 6 with Pop, The Hits, Total Pop (Including Pop 2), Essential, 10 Great Songs and Always. This is also not taking into consideration cd single compilations (Erasure), B-side compilations (PSB) or remix compilation albums (PSB Disco series). All in all not much difference between each group it has to be said.
Erasure have released Pop!, Hits!, Total Pop!, Essential, and Always.
That's 66.6% more than PSB.
Now theres the 'From Moscow to Mars' release, which to me, looks better than some fans are giving credit for. I guess its great value for part time fans but the die hards already have it all, which i guess is fair enough.
- JSDOUVRES
- Posts: 2813
- Joined: Fri 05 Dec 2003, 1:31 pm
Re: Erasure at 30
Depends on the "rules" you want to go by, I'm pretty sure that Essential, Party and Story are also best of compilations released by PSB but you are free to ignore these of course (for whatever reason you like, you choose). I'm pretty sure that they were released though as I have them in my collection unless they are part of my imagination? Possibly.Patrick Bateman wrote:PSB have released Discography, PopArt, and Ultimate.JSDOUVRES wrote:PSb have released quite a few compilations themselves including imports, 6 in total: Discography, Essential, PopArt, Party, Story, Ultimate and Erasure also 6 with Pop, The Hits, Total Pop (Including Pop 2), Essential, 10 Great Songs and Always. This is also not taking into consideration cd single compilations (Erasure), B-side compilations (PSB) or remix compilation albums (PSB Disco series). All in all not much difference between each group it has to be said.
Erasure have released Pop!, Hits!, Total Pop!, Essential, and Always.
That's 66.6% more than PSB.
- Drem
- Posts: 1571
- Joined: Thu 09 Jun 2005, 9:24 am
- Contact:
Re: Erasure at 30
Looks like Erasure's new album may have some similarity to "Electric".
https://twitter.com/AndyBell_info/statu ... 5486777344Andy Bell: would any big time straight rapper dare do a rap on a supposed 'fag' group's new album? now there's a challenge!
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)
- Undertaker
- Posts: 8984
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 8:16 pm
Re: Erasure at 30
They're back in the big stadiums as a support act for Robbie Williams next Summer.....
- ZiggyPSB
- Posts: 2353
- Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2007, 11:05 am
Re: Erasure at 30
Well I'll beUndertaker wrote:They're back in the big stadiums as a support act for Robbie Williams next Summer.....
I hope to grab a ticket for Robbie Williams in Dublin.
My first live experience of the Pet Shop Boys was as support act to Take That were Robbie Williams was back in the band then. I didn't anticipate my possibile first live experience of Erasure is also as support act to Robbie.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin

http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017
- JSDOUVRES
- Posts: 2813
- Joined: Fri 05 Dec 2003, 1:31 pm
Re: Erasure at 30
I just hope they do their own UK tour as I'm not paying silly money for a 30 minute best of gig as I'm not really interested in a Robbie Williams concert myself.
I was at the Erasure party on Friday night and it was a fantastic day. I wish PSB would do something similar. Got to meet them and have a picture taken, they did a Q&A, Acoustic gig then Vince, Andy and GRN (brilliant remixer/producer) did DJ sets. Absolutely wonderful day. Could only dream of PSB doing something similar. They wouldn't like the picture taking to start with! Was a brilliant way to thank the fans and give something back though even if the upcoming box set is a bit of a disappointment. Met a lot of lovely people. New album next year too which will be nice!
I was at the Erasure party on Friday night and it was a fantastic day. I wish PSB would do something similar. Got to meet them and have a picture taken, they did a Q&A, Acoustic gig then Vince, Andy and GRN (brilliant remixer/producer) did DJ sets. Absolutely wonderful day. Could only dream of PSB doing something similar. They wouldn't like the picture taking to start with! Was a brilliant way to thank the fans and give something back though even if the upcoming box set is a bit of a disappointment. Met a lot of lovely people. New album next year too which will be nice!
