Summer movies 2004

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.

Most anticipated movie this summer

Troy
2
6%
Van Helsing
2
6%
The day after tomorrow
5
15%
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
12
36%
The Stepford Wives
1
3%
Shrek 2
4
12%
King Arthur
0
No votes
Spider-Man 2
5
15%
Catwoman
1
3%
I, Robot
1
3%
 
Total votes: 33

Message
Author
User avatar
markus
Posts: 1678
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 10:17 pm
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Summer movies 2004

#1 Post by markus »

Besides being a Psb fan I'm also a movie freak. Which of these big budget Hollywood blockbusters are you most excited about?

User avatar
Glenny4
Posts: 9798
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 6:12 pm
Contact:

#2 Post by Glenny4 »

TROY for now but that could change once i see bits from the other ones.

Seen bits from Van Helsing looks a bit over the top to me but would still see it.

But i am looking forward to Hellraiser Deader more than that lot :drool:

User avatar
Glenny4
Posts: 9798
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 6:12 pm
Contact:

#3 Post by Glenny4 »

Your missing some from that list to

Alien Vs. Predator :up: the one to see for me over the lot here
Exorcist: The Beginning
Thunderbirds

User avatar
Dreamcatcher2003
Posts: 798
Joined: Wed 17 Dec 2003, 6:45 pm
Contact:

#4 Post by Dreamcatcher2003 »

Stepford Wives. Being a horror and Stephen King freak, this book by Ira Levin is a favourite of my all-time horror literature. I know books are not good on the big screen but this must be a real thriller. :D
The CELL by Stephen King instantly hit number 1 in New York Times Bookseller Lists selling well over 200 thousand copies in three weeks. This affirms my opinion: People really need an occassional good horror read...

User avatar
spongeg
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 4:42 am

#5 Post by spongeg »

i could only vote once :(

so harry potter it is

i want to see stepford wives, king arthur

I hear next summer will be even better

but thanksgiving we get to see SPONGBOB THE MOVIE!
In the silence of your room
In the darkness of your dreams
You must only think of me
There can be no in between
When your pride is on the floor
I'll make you beg for more

Image

User avatar
amhilde
Posts: 830
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:40 pm
Contact:

#6 Post by amhilde »

I thought Exorcist: the beginning had some major problems wtih it?
*with club sauce*

User avatar
Glenny4
Posts: 9798
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 6:12 pm
Contact:

#7 Post by Glenny4 »

amhilde wrote:I thought Exorcist: the beginning had some major problems wtih it?
Yes i heard that to, seems it's still coming out, film could be a mess dore :roll:

User avatar
nightporter
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed 07 Apr 2004, 11:22 am

#8 Post by nightporter »

Being a huge fan of Marvel comics (especially Spiderman and X-Men), to me it is Spiderman 2. Way cool. There's gonna be Dr. Octavious, yay! I so hope Venom is gonna be in the third part, he's my favourite villain.

Also, I'm looking forward to the new Harry Potter, since the other two were quite crappy. I blame the director, Chris Columbus - what else can you expect from the guy who made the Home Alone films? But I do like the actors he casted. I hope the new director is better. The trailer looks good and Gary Oldman is in it.

Oh, and Van Helsing was totally and utterly moronic. I do not recommend it.
//in seventh heaven if a thing's worth doing it's worth doing badly, baby//

User avatar
nightporter
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed 07 Apr 2004, 11:22 am

#9 Post by nightporter »

Glenny4 wrote:
amhilde wrote:I thought Exorcist: the beginning had some major problems wtih it?
Yes i heard that to, seems it's still coming out, film could be a mess dore :roll:
Yeah, they changed the director into Renny Harlin.
//in seventh heaven if a thing's worth doing it's worth doing badly, baby//

User avatar
markus
Posts: 1678
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 10:17 pm
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

#10 Post by markus »

I just came home from "The day after tomorrow" It was great! Just what I was hoping for, awesome special effects, lots of action and thrilling scenes. 4 out of 5. :clap:

Seen Van helsing too, quite dissapointing...a childrens movie. Had lower expectations for Troy but it turned out to be great movie.

User avatar
glennjridge
Posts: 8205
Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm

#11 Post by glennjridge »

I am waiting for that new tom cruise movie collateral

User avatar
glennjridge
Posts: 8205
Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm

#12 Post by glennjridge »

I feel Dr octopus isnt a worthy of being a villian for a whole movie. I think there are alot of better villians in the spiderman world.

User avatar
nightporter
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed 07 Apr 2004, 11:22 am

#13 Post by nightporter »

glennjridge wrote:I feel Dr octopus isnt a worthy of being a villian for a whole movie. I think there are alot of better villians in the spiderman world.
But he's legendary! He can't be ditched. It's like saying, "I never liked that Joker guy, he might as well be left out from the Batman movies."
//in seventh heaven if a thing's worth doing it's worth doing badly, baby//

User avatar
Avalon
Posts: 1927
Joined: Fri 07 Nov 2003, 8:39 am
Contact:

#14 Post by Avalon »

I never liked that Joker guy, he might as well be left out from the Batman movies

User avatar
Avalon
Posts: 1927
Joined: Fri 07 Nov 2003, 8:39 am
Contact:

#15 Post by Avalon »

nightporter wrote:Oh, and Van Helsing was totally and utterly moronic. I do not recommend it.
How can you say that!!! First you and Tweety force me to go with you that that flick and now you're telling me you regret it?

Sure, it IS moronic, but it gets into the absurd and I laughed my head off. I've been practicing my Count Dracula accent ever since we saw the movie and I can't wait for part II, where we'll get to know all about Van Helsing's past and where he'll (presumably) fight bigfoot

Post Reply