Presumably the VH1 Bands Reunited thing that's supposed to be starting March 29th. It makes sense now.technotrancemix wrote:The Spands and FGTH have already made a reunion but not as people hoped. I think they are for TV documentaries.
80s reunions- what would you like to see!
- shamelessboyuk
- Posts: 781
- Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 5:02 pm
- amhilde
- Posts: 830
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:40 pm
- Contact:
Bands Reunited- they actually got FGTH to show up together. As for Spandau Ballet- that I read in The Sun ( hey i also read the Guardian so no judgement on either paper of preference- btw thats the Mail when im in town
) and it had some long story about how they were finally able to put the differences behind them. Sounds like more than a one off thing for a telly show. Bands Reunited also got Kajagoogoo back together too.
Lethe- I agree, it is rather tragic- somehow a sad commentary on the world if we need 80s bands to reform to provide us with hopefully interesting music. Or at least care about music. But some of them, yeah I wouldnt mind seeing just once.
should add:
ABC and Wham!- wow Wham- how funny woudl it be to see George up there all polished with poor ole Andrew in the back looking washed up!
Lethe- I agree, it is rather tragic- somehow a sad commentary on the world if we need 80s bands to reform to provide us with hopefully interesting music. Or at least care about music. But some of them, yeah I wouldnt mind seeing just once.
should add:
ABC and Wham!- wow Wham- how funny woudl it be to see George up there all polished with poor ole Andrew in the back looking washed up!
*with club sauce*
- Steve Fett
- Posts: 1867
- Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm
hey, if its tragically camp - why not throw you in as well !!bigboy wrote:Yes, and Kylie Minogue can be the support actSteve Fett wrote:tragically camp - Bananarama reform with Siobhean (or even Jacqui....hell, why not all 4 members !!) Get the vodka out and those campy dance routines !!!!
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?
- Undertaker
- Posts: 8984
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 8:16 pm
The KLF would be good. I enjoyed '***k the millennium' back in 1997, but I doubt we'll see any more of them to be honest.
I'd like to see Madness continue their releases. Seems to have gone quiet since the 'Wonderful' album of 1999, though I'd imagaine they're still gigging - they never really stopped!
Electronic would be good, but as far as I'm aware they had a semi falling out didn't they, so I imagine it's doubtful.
I'll have to have a think as to any more that aren't already mentioned here...
StevePSB
I'd like to see Madness continue their releases. Seems to have gone quiet since the 'Wonderful' album of 1999, though I'd imagaine they're still gigging - they never really stopped!
Electronic would be good, but as far as I'm aware they had a semi falling out didn't they, so I imagine it's doubtful.
I'll have to have a think as to any more that aren't already mentioned here...
StevePSB
- amhilde
- Posts: 830
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:40 pm
- Contact:
- mindboy
- Posts: 1302
- Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 10:46 pm
- Contact:
Re: 80s reunions- what would you like to see!
Absolutely agreed: OMD & the KLF.amhilde wrote:Shamelessboyuk and I were talking this over this morning after I mentioned that Spandau Ballet are now also reforming a la Tears for Fears and Duran Duran in an attempt to get in on the nostalgia craze. So we talked about what groups you would REALLY like to see reformed. Mine were:
Orchestral Manoeuvers in the Dark
KLF
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Chris Heath: Why you're surfing?
Chris Lowe: Coz we can!
Neil Tennant: Exactly.
(Performance commentary during What have I done to deserve this??)
Chris Lowe: Coz we can!
Neil Tennant: Exactly.
(Performance commentary during What have I done to deserve this??)
- Ronald42
- Posts: 2237
- Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 11:04 am
- Contact:
-
fredot
-
bigboy
Paul and Andy reunited to work on some remixes for the last OMD Hits album and spin-off single, actually.Undertaker wrote:O.M.D i doubt will reform as a duo, they detest each other. K.L.F would be awesome and it will happen.
Dave
Amhilde, the VH1 Kajagoogoo reunion is sans Mr Softy Shower (aka Limahl
And Martin Fry still continues the ABC name, but yeah, it would be much better if all four original members reunited. I'd love to see The Lexicon Of Love performed in its entirety, with an encore of six of their other big hits.
- Shopper
- Posts: 2350
- Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:52 pm
- Contact:
Have the Human League spilt or no ? if yes, then thats a fab reunion I'd like.
Also ABBA *ofcourse they were 70s* but still, pop music as we know it, has a lot to do with what I consider the 'fab 4' have done and left behind as their legacy. I guess they wouldnt be arsed about any new project, but its my fantasy they do something..
Also ABBA *ofcourse they were 70s* but still, pop music as we know it, has a lot to do with what I consider the 'fab 4' have done and left behind as their legacy. I guess they wouldnt be arsed about any new project, but its my fantasy they do something..
-
bigboy
-
bigboy
I hear even the bloody Pogues are going to reunite. I'd prefer Blancmange, actually.
And this just in - an electo80s supergroup:
OMD mainman PAUL HUMPHRIES has announced that he has formed a new band with his partner former PROPAGANDA singer CLAUDIA BRUCKEN. The band 'OneTwo' will initially release a five-track EP which will also feature vocals from DEPECHE MODE songwriter MARTIN GORE. Humphries and Brucken have also fomed a label 'ThereThere Records' whose first release will be a collaboration between Brucken and pianist Andrew Poppy that will include cover versions of songs by artists as diverse as KATE BUSH and RADIOHEAD
And this just in - an electo80s supergroup:
OMD mainman PAUL HUMPHRIES has announced that he has formed a new band with his partner former PROPAGANDA singer CLAUDIA BRUCKEN. The band 'OneTwo' will initially release a five-track EP which will also feature vocals from DEPECHE MODE songwriter MARTIN GORE. Humphries and Brucken have also fomed a label 'ThereThere Records' whose first release will be a collaboration between Brucken and pianist Andrew Poppy that will include cover versions of songs by artists as diverse as KATE BUSH and RADIOHEAD
-
fredot
Blancmange was a fantastic group !! What happen to these pre-petshopboys ?bigboy wrote:I hear even the bloody Pogues are going to reunite. I'd prefer Blancmange, actually.
And this just in - an electo80s supergroup:
OMD mainman PAUL HUMPHRIES has announced that he has formed a new band with his partner former PROPAGANDA singer CLAUDIA BRUCKEN. The band 'OneTwo' will initially release a five-track EP which will also feature vocals from DEPECHE MODE songwriter MARTIN GORE. Humphries and Brucken have also fomed a label 'ThereThere Records' whose first release will be a collaboration between Brucken and pianist Andrew Poppy that will include cover versions of songs by artists as diverse as KATE BUSH and RADIOHEAD
The project with Humphries and Claudia Brucken is interesting .. Sounds like the good old times of the ZTT label !!!
-
bigboy
I've never heard of what happened to the Blancmange guys. I played Living On The Ceiling yesterday, and I'd forgotten what a fantastic record it is.
As for ZTT, well it was Poppy also on that label, not Humphries!
Happy birthday, btw. Maybe we'll go to The Hoist with Y soon?
As for ZTT, well it was Poppy also on that label, not Humphries!
Happy birthday, btw. Maybe we'll go to The Hoist with Y soon?
Last edited by bigboy on Mon 22 Mar 2004, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.