For the first time I've 'upgraded' the audio out from my PC by changing to digital audio out, from phono.
I didn't know much about the subject, so plugged and played. It seemed OK, but I was having trouble getting PowerDVD to output correctly, so did some digging.
On digging I found out about the quality settings. By default it was set at 16 bit and 48Khz. Obviously I now know about the other options, but having read that setting things too high can cause audio to sound worse I am left scratching my head to find the best setting.
I listen to audio (mostly CD ripped FLAC files these days), play games and play DVD & Blu Ray films on my PC.
Currently I'm set at 24 bit and 48Khz, but then Blu Ray films can output at better than 48Khz can't they? 48Khz is already above a CD / FLAC.
This is all new for me and so confusing! What do I set to for the best? My Denon hi-fi can go to up to 24 bit and 192Khz
StevePSB
Windows digital audio output settings
- Flexdirection
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Wed 26 Dec 2018, 5:40 pm
- Contact:
Re: Windows digital audio output settings
How do you feel by free converters? I often need to convert some audio files. Now converting WAV to MP3 I quickly found this service https://onlineconvertfree.com/convert-f ... av-to-mp3/ Let me know if how effective is it?