Frightening films?

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Message
Author
User avatar
Jack the Lad
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 12:24 pm
Contact:

#1 Post by Jack the Lad »

well, "Halloween" part 1 to 4 should do the trick :wink: :!:
"You're all a bunch of m*therf****ers, you know that?”
~ Sigmund Freud on the Oedipus complex

User avatar
davenjulieuk
Posts: 950
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:53 am

#2 Post by davenjulieuk »

well you cant go wrong with the ORIGINAL "Nightmare on Elm Street" or even better (if you can get hold of it), "THE FOG" or "THE THING"
Miracles happen when you're around...

dizzy

#3 Post by dizzy »

Se7en :!:
It gave nightmares for three nights in a row. I couldn't sleep properly for two weeks. I still can't watch scary movies on my own. I still see the horrible pictures in my head every night before I go to sleep. I've started to associate Winnie the Poo with Se7en because I forced myself to think about him when the scary pictures in my head started to spring up.
It must have been over a year ago since I saw it...
And I was never scared watching any movie up until that one. I don't know how it could go so wrong...

User avatar
Asmodean
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:32 pm

#4 Post by Asmodean »

A movie I thought was pretty good and pretty scaring is the movie "28 days later" :twisted:
I'm always waiting, for a red letter day

User avatar
Glenny4
Posts: 9798
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 6:12 pm
Contact:

#5 Post by Glenny4 »

How about all these

Halloween
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Evil Dead
The Exorcist
Hellraiser
Re-Animator
Dead Alive AKA Braindead

Am going to watch 3 new films tonight

Cabin Fever
Beyond Re-Animator
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003
Last edited by Glenny4 on Fri 31 Oct 2003, 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Native
Posts: 1195
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 8:51 am
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

#6 Post by Native »

'It Couldn't Happen Here', it had me hiding behind the sofa within ten minutes!!!

User avatar
redsock
Posts: 2394
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 4:58 pm
Contact:

#7 Post by redsock »

Glenny4 wrote:How about all these

Halloween
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Evil Dead
The Exorcist
Hellraiser
Re-Animator
Dead Alive AKA Braindead
Braindead by Peter Jackson ? That has me in stitches ! Very funny film ! :lol: First one, Bad Taste is pretty good too.

User avatar
Glenny4
Posts: 9798
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 6:12 pm
Contact:

#8 Post by Glenny4 »

redsock wrote:
Glenny4 wrote:How about all these



Braindead by Peter Jackson ? That has me in stitches ! Very funny film ! :lol: First one, Bad Taste is pretty good too.
Very funny yes but the most gory film of all time i think. I had to list it has it's one of my best even with it being funny to :lol:

User avatar
Your Funny Uncle
Posts: 2143
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2003, 1:55 am

#9 Post by Your Funny Uncle »

Alien

User avatar
TheMatrix
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 7:07 pm
Contact:

#10 Post by TheMatrix »

TCM of course. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the original version.
Stay the course or change it up?

User avatar
redsock
Posts: 2394
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 4:58 pm
Contact:

#11 Post by redsock »

TheMatrix wrote:TCM of course. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the original version.
I borrowed it off a friend last year to see what all the fuss was about, having never seen it before..........

What a load of crap !!! :lol: It was about as well put together as a cheese hammer !
It started off badly, lost it's way in the middle and the less said about the end the better !
Was it the "Blair Witch" of it's day ?

User avatar
Betty
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 10:36 pm

#12 Post by Betty »

Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2 :roll: :lol:

User avatar
Pani
Posts: 8208
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:51 am
Contact:

#13 Post by Pani »

The Shining ...

Jennifer Eight ...

Broooklyn

#14 Post by Broooklyn »

I would suggest Requiem for a Dream. It won't necessarily scare ya, but it will shock everyone and leave them drained. Thats better in my opinion!

Though, like Dizzy stated....SE7en is always a great movie!
Last edited by Broooklyn on Fri 31 Oct 2003, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
amhilde
Posts: 830
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 6:40 pm
Contact:

#15 Post by amhilde »

Well i think it depends on what sort of theme you are going for- the Scare the Shit Out Of People theme or the Kinda Hokey and Kinda Scary Theme. To me you cant do better than Exorcist, Omen, Alien, Hellraiser ( 1 AND 2) 28 Days Later, and I guess I would throw The Ring in there as well, but ou are American so im sure everyone has seen it already. AH! Motel Hell- its f*** up in a weird way, but kinda funny too at the same time. Youll laugh, but what they got goin on in the backyard is pretty creepy.
*with club sauce*

Post Reply