stay single! cause if Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson couldnt make it...who can?Patrick Bateman wrote:glennjridge wrote:on the otherhand I hope some of you find someone soon, cause you dont want to be one of those older single people that gets invited to weddings and goes alone, and gets seated at the kids table.
Oh, I don't know. You normally get a better quality of treat on that table.
I don't really need a heavy relationship at the moment;I have neither the time nor the inclination to attend to somebody else's emotional needs. It's quite scary to recognise just how selfish one can get though. When I was younger I was a bit naive about relationships; now I'm too cynical.
Love Life
- glennjridge
- Posts: 8205
- Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm
Re: Love Life
-
SingleBillingual
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006, 5:19 pm
Re: Love Life
I came out of a long term-relationship about five years ago, it was quite hard being single again, buying a house on my own etc.. but what I agree with is you do get very selfish and find it hard to let someone back in. I loved not having to think about somebody elses feelings and just being able to do what I wanted without having to check if it was acceptable first!glennjridge wrote:stay single! cause if Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson couldnt make it...who can?Patrick Bateman wrote:glennjridge wrote:on the otherhand I hope some of you find someone soon, cause you dont want to be one of those older single people that gets invited to weddings and goes alone, and gets seated at the kids table.
Oh, I don't know. You normally get a better quality of treat on that table.
I don't really need a heavy relationship at the moment;I have neither the time nor the inclination to attend to somebody else's emotional needs. It's quite scary to recognise just how selfish one can get though. When I was younger I was a bit naive about relationships; now I'm too cynical.
I've just recently let my b/f move in with me and it has been hard to say the least going from being free and single to tied down again, but all my mates are getting married or are settled down now, and i was starting to feel slightly old going out with my younger sister's mates (10 years younger than me) at w/ends instead!!
On a reflective note, Redsox - I didn't want kids either but that changed when i found out i was pregnant last year, at first i didn't want it but when i went for my scan i had got used to the idea. They found out the baby was abnormal so i had to make the decision to have a termination, it was the worse experience of my life, but changed my view point completely, because I had it taken away from me I realised I wanted to try again one day.
That's my contribution.
Jx
- redsock
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 4:58 pm
- Contact:
Re: Love Life
Writing what I did yesterday must have have jogged something in my subconscious last night, because I dreamt that we met up again and those 10 years just melted away to nothing and we got back together and i has so chuffed..SingleBillingual wrote: On a reflective note, Redsock - I didn't want kids either but that changed when i found out i was pregnant last year, at first i didn't want it but when i went for my scan i had got used to the idea. They found out the baby was abnormal so i had to make the decision to have a termination, it was the worse experience of my life, but changed my view point completely, because I had it taken away from me I realised I wanted to try again one day.
That's my contribution.
Jx
- Vince
- Posts: 4473
- Joined: Wed 27 Oct 2004, 7:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Love Life
@Deschanel: I KNOW i should've gotten the watch, and you are totally right about the dress part.
but anyway whats done is done. And this is my first gift with love
so i think i can be excused for getting a bit diverted. After all.. isnt it the thought that matters? 
And i we havent seen each other in a while, so i'm hoping i get over her.
@SingleBilingual: Hope things work out for the best
@redsock: wow.. hope you got over it
but anyway whats done is done. And this is my first gift with love
And i we havent seen each other in a while, so i'm hoping i get over her.
@SingleBilingual: Hope things work out for the best
@redsock: wow.. hope you got over it
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
- redsock
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 4:58 pm
- Contact:
Re: Love Life
Oh, I'm fine.Vince wrote:@redsock: wow.. hope you got over it
-
SingleBillingual
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006, 5:19 pm
Re: Love Life
Dreams have a habit of doing that.. sounds like you prob still have a soft spot for her... although when you split up with her it was for a reason that you didn't take likely. This can be forgotton over time and you can start looking at them with rose-coloured specs again, done that one before and trust me the specs soon come off again!redsock wrote: Writing what I did yesterday must have have jogged something in my subconscious last night, because I dreamt that we met up again and those 10 years just melted away to nothing and we got back together and i has so chuffed..I hate dreams like that cos i felt really crap for the first half hour of this morning.
![]()
Vince - I'm over it and happy again but thanks!
- glennjridge
- Posts: 8205
- Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm
Re: Love Life
dreams. weird how your mind is able to take something you want to happen and actually creates and generates a script of sorts that plays itself out.
and will actually create how you meet up and where within then dream.
ever be in a dream and then suddenly in it, realize you are in a dream? thats usually the instant I wake up when I become aware.
ANYWAYS,those bittersweet memorys will kill ya sometimes. been there.
and will actually create how you meet up and where within then dream.
ever be in a dream and then suddenly in it, realize you are in a dream? thats usually the instant I wake up when I become aware.
ANYWAYS,those bittersweet memorys will kill ya sometimes. been there.
- redsock
- Posts: 2394
- Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 4:58 pm
- Contact:
Re: Love Life
Hehe ! I'm fine.SingleBillingual wrote:Dreams have a habit of doing that.. sounds like you prob still have a soft spot for her... although when you split up with her it was for a reason that you didn't take likely. This can be forgotton over time and you can start looking at them with rose-coloured specs again, done that one before and trust me the specs soon come off again!redsock wrote: Writing what I did yesterday must have have jogged something in my subconscious last night, because I dreamt that we met up again and those 10 years just melted away to nothing and we got back together and i has so chuffed..I hate dreams like that cos i felt really crap for the first half hour of this morning.
![]()
![]()
Vince - I'm over it and happy again but thanks!
I've also starting to date a rather fabulous lady as of this week, early days yet but she's lovely.
-
bohemians.
- Posts: 1590
- Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2008, 9:46 am
- Contact:
- Scandal
- Posts: 199
- Joined: Thu 25 Jun 2009, 6:57 am
- Contact:
Re: Love Life
Are you being serious? This sounds terrible!bohemians. wrote:"those rosy glasses can be a pain sometimes can t they? - Yes, specially when you do have 2 bruises left on your leg..from someone who kept telling you how much he is in love with you...gave drugs in wine..and next day even did not deny it.
Stupid me!! again
She was never bored because she was never boring.
- Patrick Bateman
- Posts: 9987
- Joined: Sat 12 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm
- Been thanked: 1 time
- No Muscle Mary
- Posts: 1806
- Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 8:07 am
- Contact:
Re: Love Life
Next time, get her nothing and see how she likes it. By 'putting her in an awkward position' I would take it that she means getting her something too good, like what a boyfriend would buy, when she sees you just as a friend. Which would explain why she chatted away to you like 'old pals' the next day - cause that's what she sees you asand she thought she made that clear.Deschanel wrote:Vince wrote:@bobblekat: Hope it works out for the best for you
BTW, the lady-friend of mine (whom i'd mentioned in another thread i believe), had her birthday a few days ago. I'm planned on getting her a watch with her name engraved on it, but then decided otherwise. Got her a nice dress. And she asked me why i put her in an awkward position, and told me never to do it again. I thought it was over, but then the next day we start chatting like ol' pals.Women never cease to amaze me.
Just from a woman's point of view of course, I don't know either of you or the situation.
Churlicious
- Vince
- Posts: 4473
- Joined: Wed 27 Oct 2004, 7:41 pm
- Contact:
Re: Love Life
She wouldnt care!No Muscle Mary wrote: Next time, get her nothing and see how she likes it.
Thats just so true NMMNo Muscle Mary wrote:By 'putting her in an awkward position' I would take it that she means getting her something too good, like what a boyfriend would buy, when she sees you just as a friend. Which would explain why she chatted away to you like 'old pals' the next day - cause that's what she sees you asand she thought she made that clear.
Just from a woman's point of view of course, I don't know either of you or the situation.
Anyway, i've been avoiding her for the past 2 months
I guess its wrong, but i'd hurt being in a situation where i'd have to behave as "just another friend".
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
- No Muscle Mary
- Posts: 1806
- Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 8:07 am
- Contact:
Re: Love Life
Nope, you're dead right. If you can't handle the situation, keep away from her. It's the best thing to do for you.
Hope you meet someone 'right' soon.
Hope you meet someone 'right' soon.
Churlicious
- glennjridge
- Posts: 8205
- Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm
Re: Love Life
yeah its almost impossible to get out of the friend zone if thats a category a woman has put you in.
the woman isnt looking at you like a sexual object. your like a harmless tag along who doubles as a psychologist and spends most of the time listening to her problems and not even getting paid for it.in short, you're her personal assistant or butler.
the woman isnt looking at you like a sexual object. your like a harmless tag along who doubles as a psychologist and spends most of the time listening to her problems and not even getting paid for it.in short, you're her personal assistant or butler.