Kosheen

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Leeds City Boy
Posts: 783
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:28 pm

Kosheen

#1 Post by Leeds City Boy »

Saw them play an excellent gig in Leeds last night, a combination of their early drum and bass sound mixed with the more rockier edge of their recent stuff produced a sound not a million miles away from New Order and mid 90s Depeche Mode when Dave Gahan went all nuts.

Their first album 'Resist' is one of the best dance albums of recent years if you haven't got it yet.

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#2 Post by Steve Fett »

agreed - their first album is BRILLIANT 8)
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
andmaste
Posts: 2058
Joined: Wed 19 Nov 2003, 8:02 am
Contact:

#3 Post by andmaste »

I like Kosheen.
I saw them life 2 years ago before Faithless, and it was a big surprise.
Andrea
Pet Shop Boys: Covers & Quotations
www.psbcq.it

Kris
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sat 08 Nov 2003, 11:22 am

#4 Post by Kris »

'Resist' is indeed a brilliant album - one of the most musically exciting I've heard for years. The follow-up, though, is a let-down by comparison. It tries to be more song-based but lacks the charm of the debut. Too many tracks just drift by without really capturing the imagination.

Having said that, I would love to see them in concert because the rock-dance combination always sounds fantastic live.
Passion, love, sex, money, violence, religion, injustice and death. More on that story later.

User avatar
shamelessbehave
Posts: 1518
Joined: Thu 06 Nov 2003, 2:27 pm

#5 Post by shamelessbehave »

I like Kosheen very much,once I saw them on MTV performing live and I was amazed of how good they were. And the record is great.
http://www.myspace.com/shamelesssilvia

"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.

User avatar
raggatwin
Posts: 4188
Joined: Thu 18 Dec 2003, 4:31 pm
Been thanked: 2 times

#6 Post by raggatwin »

Much prefer them as their drum and bass alter ego - Decoder and Substance.
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

User avatar
Steve Fett
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 2:13 pm

#7 Post by Steve Fett »

All in my head was quite a brilliant single too 8)
what a performance tonight, should I react or turn off the light ?

User avatar
transforce
Posts: 1586
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:46 pm
Contact:

#8 Post by transforce »

I bought 'Resist', and love it. I didn't bother with the second album because I wasn't so interested in the rockier sound. Glad someone has put my mind at rest and said it's not so good, means I don't have to buy it and be disappointed now.

User avatar
spongeg
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 4:42 am

#9 Post by spongeg »

yeah i love the kosheen CD

i haven't heard the second one - only thing i heard was the first single - all in my head?
In the silence of your room
In the darkness of your dreams
You must only think of me
There can be no in between
When your pride is on the floor
I'll make you beg for more

Image

User avatar
mantooth
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 5:53 pm

#10 Post by mantooth »

I caught them in Glasgow in 2002. One of the best shows I'd ever seen. Really good stage presence. Then I saw them in Manchester when they were previewing "Kokopelli." Still a great show, but I wasn't as fond of the songs... All in all, I was just happy to see a band I knew I'd never get the chance to see here in the States.
Weekly Top Artists Chart
Image

Post Reply