Love Life

For 'Off Topic' and non-PSB music threads.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
glennjridge
Posts: 8205
Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm

Re: Love Life

#61 Post by glennjridge »

Patrick Bateman wrote:
glennjridge wrote:on the otherhand I hope some of you find someone soon, cause you dont want to be one of those older single people that gets invited to weddings and goes alone, and gets seated at the kids table.

Oh, I don't know. You normally get a better quality of treat on that table.

I don't really need a heavy relationship at the moment;I have neither the time nor the inclination to attend to somebody else's emotional needs. It's quite scary to recognise just how selfish one can get though. When I was younger I was a bit naive about relationships; now I'm too cynical.
stay single! cause if Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson couldnt make it...who can?

SingleBillingual
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006, 5:19 pm

Re: Love Life

#62 Post by SingleBillingual »

glennjridge wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:
glennjridge wrote:on the otherhand I hope some of you find someone soon, cause you dont want to be one of those older single people that gets invited to weddings and goes alone, and gets seated at the kids table.

Oh, I don't know. You normally get a better quality of treat on that table.

I don't really need a heavy relationship at the moment;I have neither the time nor the inclination to attend to somebody else's emotional needs. It's quite scary to recognise just how selfish one can get though. When I was younger I was a bit naive about relationships; now I'm too cynical.
stay single! cause if Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson couldnt make it...who can?
I came out of a long term-relationship about five years ago, it was quite hard being single again, buying a house on my own etc.. but what I agree with is you do get very selfish and find it hard to let someone back in. I loved not having to think about somebody elses feelings and just being able to do what I wanted without having to check if it was acceptable first!

I've just recently let my b/f move in with me and it has been hard to say the least going from being free and single to tied down again, but all my mates are getting married or are settled down now, and i was starting to feel slightly old going out with my younger sister's mates (10 years younger than me) at w/ends instead!!

On a reflective note, Redsox - I didn't want kids either but that changed when i found out i was pregnant last year, at first i didn't want it but when i went for my scan i had got used to the idea. They found out the baby was abnormal so i had to make the decision to have a termination, it was the worse experience of my life, but changed my view point completely, because I had it taken away from me I realised I wanted to try again one day.

That's my contribution.

Jx

User avatar
redsock
Posts: 2394
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 4:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Love Life

#63 Post by redsock »

SingleBillingual wrote: On a reflective note, Redsock - I didn't want kids either but that changed when i found out i was pregnant last year, at first i didn't want it but when i went for my scan i had got used to the idea. They found out the baby was abnormal so i had to make the decision to have a termination, it was the worse experience of my life, but changed my view point completely, because I had it taken away from me I realised I wanted to try again one day.

That's my contribution.

Jx
Writing what I did yesterday must have have jogged something in my subconscious last night, because I dreamt that we met up again and those 10 years just melted away to nothing and we got back together and i has so chuffed.. :oops: I hate dreams like that cos i felt really crap for the first half hour of this morning. :roll: :lol:

User avatar
Vince
Posts: 4473
Joined: Wed 27 Oct 2004, 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Love Life

#64 Post by Vince »

@Deschanel: I KNOW i should've gotten the watch, and you are totally right about the dress part.
but anyway whats done is done. And this is my first gift with love :) so i think i can be excused for getting a bit diverted. After all.. isnt it the thought that matters? :)
And i we havent seen each other in a while, so i'm hoping i get over her.

@SingleBilingual: Hope things work out for the best :)

@redsock: wow.. hope you got over it :)
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

User avatar
redsock
Posts: 2394
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 4:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Love Life

#65 Post by redsock »

Vince wrote:@redsock: wow.. hope you got over it :)
Oh, I'm fine. :lol: It was just one of those really vivid dreams that when you wake up you can't quite work out if it was real or not. It was forgotten a short while later.

SingleBillingual
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon 05 Jun 2006, 5:19 pm

Re: Love Life

#66 Post by SingleBillingual »

redsock wrote: Writing what I did yesterday must have have jogged something in my subconscious last night, because I dreamt that we met up again and those 10 years just melted away to nothing and we got back together and i has so chuffed.. :oops: I hate dreams like that cos i felt really crap for the first half hour of this morning. :roll: :lol:
Dreams have a habit of doing that.. sounds like you prob still have a soft spot for her... although when you split up with her it was for a reason that you didn't take likely. This can be forgotton over time and you can start looking at them with rose-coloured specs again, done that one before and trust me the specs soon come off again! :shock:

Vince - I'm over it and happy again but thanks! :kiss:

User avatar
glennjridge
Posts: 8205
Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm

Re: Love Life

#67 Post by glennjridge »

dreams. weird how your mind is able to take something you want to happen and actually creates and generates a script of sorts that plays itself out.
and will actually create how you meet up and where within then dream.

ever be in a dream and then suddenly in it, realize you are in a dream? thats usually the instant I wake up when I become aware.

ANYWAYS,those bittersweet memorys will kill ya sometimes. been there.

User avatar
redsock
Posts: 2394
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 4:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Love Life

#68 Post by redsock »

SingleBillingual wrote:
redsock wrote: Writing what I did yesterday must have have jogged something in my subconscious last night, because I dreamt that we met up again and those 10 years just melted away to nothing and we got back together and i has so chuffed.. :oops: I hate dreams like that cos i felt really crap for the first half hour of this morning. :roll: :lol:
Dreams have a habit of doing that.. sounds like you prob still have a soft spot for her... although when you split up with her it was for a reason that you didn't take likely. This can be forgotton over time and you can start looking at them with rose-coloured specs again, done that one before and trust me the specs soon come off again! :shock:

Vince - I'm over it and happy again but thanks! :kiss:
Hehe ! I'm fine. :D Yup, those rosy glasses can be a pain sometimes can't they ? :lol:

I've also starting to date a rather fabulous lady as of this week, early days yet but she's lovely. :oops: :D

bohemians.
Posts: 1590
Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2008, 9:46 am
Contact:

Re: Love Life

#69 Post by bohemians. »

.
Last edited by bohemians. on Sat 31 Oct 2009, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Scandal
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu 25 Jun 2009, 6:57 am
Contact:

Re: Love Life

#70 Post by Scandal »

bohemians. wrote:"those rosy glasses can be a pain sometimes can t they? - Yes, specially when you do have 2 bruises left on your leg..from someone who kept telling you how much he is in love with you...gave drugs in wine..and next day even did not deny it.
Stupid me!! again
Are you being serious? This sounds terrible! :shock:
She was never bored because she was never boring.

User avatar
Patrick Bateman
Posts: 9986
Joined: Sat 12 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Love Life

#71 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Well, if you will take Lydia out on a date.....

User avatar
No Muscle Mary
Posts: 1806
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 8:07 am
Contact:

Re: Love Life

#72 Post by No Muscle Mary »

Deschanel wrote:
Vince wrote:@bobblekat: Hope it works out for the best for you :)
BTW, the lady-friend of mine (whom i'd mentioned in another thread i believe), had her birthday a few days ago. I'm planned on getting her a watch with her name engraved on it, but then decided otherwise. Got her a nice dress. And she asked me why i put her in an awkward position, and told me never to do it again. I thought it was over, but then the next day we start chatting like ol' pals. :| Women never cease to amaze me. :|
Next time, get her nothing and see how she likes it. By 'putting her in an awkward position' I would take it that she means getting her something too good, like what a boyfriend would buy, when she sees you just as a friend. Which would explain why she chatted away to you like 'old pals' the next day - cause that's what she sees you asand she thought she made that clear.
Just from a woman's point of view of course, I don't know either of you or the situation.
Churlicious

User avatar
Vince
Posts: 4473
Joined: Wed 27 Oct 2004, 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Love Life

#73 Post by Vince »

No Muscle Mary wrote: Next time, get her nothing and see how she likes it.
She wouldnt care!
No Muscle Mary wrote:By 'putting her in an awkward position' I would take it that she means getting her something too good, like what a boyfriend would buy, when she sees you just as a friend. Which would explain why she chatted away to you like 'old pals' the next day - cause that's what she sees you asand she thought she made that clear.
Just from a woman's point of view of course, I don't know either of you or the situation.
Thats just so true NMM :(
Anyway, i've been avoiding her for the past 2 months :(
I guess its wrong, but i'd hurt being in a situation where i'd have to behave as "just another friend".
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

User avatar
No Muscle Mary
Posts: 1806
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 8:07 am
Contact:

Re: Love Life

#74 Post by No Muscle Mary »

Nope, you're dead right. If you can't handle the situation, keep away from her. It's the best thing to do for you.
Hope you meet someone 'right' soon.
Churlicious

User avatar
glennjridge
Posts: 8205
Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 9:28 pm

Re: Love Life

#75 Post by glennjridge »

yeah its almost impossible to get out of the friend zone if thats a category a woman has put you in.

the woman isnt looking at you like a sexual object. your like a harmless tag along who doubles as a psychologist and spends most of the time listening to her problems and not even getting paid for it.in short, you're her personal assistant or butler.

Post Reply